Chapter 9: The Undertaker

*Undertakers Pov*

*Two Hours Before*

I laugh as I am hidden in my dark coffin and put Annabelle's Cinematic Record down and place the Death Bookmark back into the folds of my robes.

I didn't do it out of an act of kindness, I did it because she has acquired a power that can change the world as we know it.

I laugh at the thought and proceed to step out of my coffin and into the shop. I look at all of the different coffins stacked around me. They make me think of the sheer beauty of the dead.

I head to the back room and lay next to the young woman laying on the table. I sigh and look over at her magnificent beauty. I reach out to touch her cheek and stroke her eyelids.

I get up and head back to my coffin to await for Annabelle.

*Ciels Pov*

*Back To Normal Time*

I hold my head in my hands and sigh in frustration.

"How could you let her get away, she is just a mere girl."

"My Lord, it shall seem that she isn't just a human. Now that I mention this, her blood didn't smell the same as other humans, it smelled sickly sweet, but also like tears."

"Sebastian, then how come you didn't run after her,hmm? You just let her run away, and she stole your dignity and took it with her."

"She was too fast."

With those four words my world crashed down around me. What is Annabelle, because she certainly isn't just a human. How can we find her if we can't even keep up with her?

I sigh and I feel myself sink lower in my seat as I try to come up with ways to catch her. There are none that will work. I am stuck with no way to get her.

I just hope she doesn't spill my secrets or spread lies.

I wish she would come back.

*Annabelle's Pov*

I am walking the desolate streets of London when I finally find what I am looking for. The Undertakers shop. I pick up the pace and fling the door open, not caring that I am only in a dirty nightgown.

I knew where he was hiding and I flung open the coffin and was confronted by his grinning face and gentle laughing.

"Miss Annabelle, I see you are here would you care for some food?"

He holds out a bag of dog treats, thinking I'll be like the rest of humanity and turn him down. Instead, I grab about ten of them and eat them. I listen to him as he crackles in delight and surprise.

"Thank you, now what the hell we're you doing in all of my dreams, because I really don't think that I invited you."

He just laughed at me and swished past me and into the shop. He sat on the counter and I followed him and sat on a coffin. I just sat and waited for him to start talking.

" Mmmm... Miss Annabelle, I have found you to be utmost intriguing since the day I first laid my eyes  your Cinematic Record. Yours had such a unique red symbol on the side of it, so I took it home to read... And I couldn't stop. I have had my eye on you for quite some time, because you have the power to change this world. You... Your power frightens me because you don't know how to use it..."

He cut off suddenly and starts laughing.

And laughing.

And laughing.

I am seriously worried about his health and sanity when he finally stops laughing, yet he is winded from his fit of giggles. He looks at me in such a way that I'm afraid that he's going to go off again.

He sighs and get up off of the counter and grabs my hand to help me up. When I am firmly on my feet he continues to speak.

"I can tell that you mostly just came here for the portal, hmm. Well here you go and here are a few rules. You can bring other people here, but for only a day at a time, and only once a week. You can use it however much you want, because you physically belong to both worlds. Also, don't let it fall into the wrong hands please."

Then he preceded to hand me a small necklace with an odd little orb in the center of it.

" Just rub it three times and think about where you want to be, and it will take you there, and for now, I think it would be wise of you to go back to the mansion before Sebastian comes here.... Goodbye."

I rubbed the necklace and thought of my room in the manor. The world spun for a moment, then stopped as I was deposited in my room.

I opened the door slightly and walked into the hall and down to Ciels study. I let myself in, not bothering to knock, and sat down in front of him, with my head hanging.

I didn't look up even when I knew he was staring at me.

"please don't leave again, I was worried." he said in a fierce whisper.

I looked up and saw that he had watery eyes, which he quickly hid from me.

"I won't, except to visit the Undertaker and to visit my family."

Suddenly, the door behind us opened and Sebastian walled in.

"I made some-" he stopped and looked at me. He got a look of disgust on his face and walked over to me quickly. He put him mouth close to my ear and started to whisper.

"Do you know what happened to you? Because I think you are a bit more than...Shall we say, Human?"

I smiled and thought of the perfect thing to say back. I turned my head suddenly and whispered into his ear.

"Don't get cocky with me, because when that " little accident" happened I was faster AND stronger than you."

I pulled away and saw the look of shock on his face.

A/N

Sorry my loves, I was busy and couldn't update or talk much, but now I am able to be a bit more free with my schedule. Hope for more updates in the future, and as I always say
Read
Vote
Comment and
Suggest to others
:3 goodbye my little loonies :p