Chapter 11: Kittens

*Annabelle's pov*

I carefully grabbed my coat containing the kittens and I walked up the the mansion. I was scared of how Sebastian would react. Would he like it, or because it came from me, he would scorn it.

I walk up the stairs and close the door to my room. I find a hair ribbon that the Lord had given me, and I tied it around the kittens neck. I found a small basket high up in my wardrobe, of which I easily reached with the help of a stool.

I grab some fabric and some cotton, and I make a cushion for the kitten to rest on. I drape some cause over the basket and put the kitten inside. I grabbed the basket and opened my door to find Sebastian.

I headed to the drawing room first.

There I found the young Lord leisurely enjoying sweets and Earl Gray, a high quality tea. He looked up from his sweets and book to look at me as I entered the room.

" Have you seen Sebastian? I have something that I want to give him."

I said.

"He's downstairs in the kitchen preparing dinner, now tell me what a in the basket."

" Just promise not to get mad... I got Sebastian a kitten so he wouldn't be so mad at me anymore."

" That's a good idea.... I promise not to tell him. Now, run along and leave me to myself." he said.

" Thank you my Lord."

I walked out of the room and nervously down to the kitchen. I peeked my face in the room and saw Sebastian working with some pastry and meat.

I walk in and tuck the basket under my arm. Sebastian looks up from the meal with an expectant glimmer in his eyes, which turn to scorn when he sees that it's me.

"Sebastian, do you have a minute?"

"I can spare one,  but only for a good reason, so don't waste my time." he sighs out.

"I brought you something I thought you would like to have... and maybe we could start over and be friends." I say as I hand over the basket.

He takes it suspiciously and peels back the gauze. In an instant, his face lights up and he gets a pleasant blush on his face. He lift the kitten out of the basket and starts cooing to it.

"Such a sleek body... Such tender and wonderful paws. A beautiful, glossy pelt and mesmerizing eyes, along with an elegant voice that commands power." he murmurs to the young cat.

I stood there with a small smile on my face as I watched him interact with the kitten. Sebastian looked up at me with a glint of mischief in his eyes.

"I shall accept the gift, and now we can be friends... Thank you for her, she is really the finest specimen I have ever come across."

I grin like mad as he says these words.

" Don't thank me, it was my pleasure... Maybe we could do something together so we can... bond?"

"Alright malady, but I must prepare the evenings meal. Perhaps later, for sure tomorrow." he tilted his head and smiles.

I walked out of the room with a grin on my face and a lightness in my heart. I walked over to my room and closed the door. I sat down at my desk and opened my drawer to reveal the necklace undertaker gave me.

I picked it up and looked at the luminous ball on the silver chain. I swing the ball side to side looking at the swirling colours within. I bring it closer to my eye.

Inside the ball I can see my mother, crying on the couch looking worn out. She looked up and her eyes reflected the pain and sorrow I often felt when she beat me.

I fondle the ball closer and look as the scene changes before me. I watch as my best friends held each other close and cried. I heard them murmur my name as if I would magically appear.

Looking at these sad scenes I start to cry. I drop the necklace back into the drawer and slam it shut. I hear my door open softly and some one started patting my back softly.

I lifted my head and found myself staring into Finnys eyes. I gave him a small smile to show that I would be alright in a second. I willed myself to stop crying and I dried my face.

"Annabelle, what's the matter?" he cooed soothingly.

"Everyone from my old world misses me... But I can't go back... I just can't, not yet anyways." I sigh.

He just nodded, understanding what I ment. He reached his as out and engulfed me in a sweet, soft hug. I wrapped my arms around him and give him a little squeeze.

"Annabelle, I'm glad that I got the chance to meet you."

At those words I looked into his eyes.

"Me, too. You are one of the most amazing people I know."

After a while, we stopped hugging and Finny had to leave. I layed down in my bed for a while and think about my life here.

My life here has been the most delightful thing to ever happen to me, besides my friends. They are the only thing I wish I could have at this moment.

I think hard about their faces and their wonderful personalities. If they were here, we would be tearing it up and living life to the fullest. I sigh when I think of how much fun we would have.

Jordan would hit on Sebastian and Alex would be all over Bard. I smile as I imagine Sebastians face and Jordan's persistence, and I can't forget Alex, who would be swooning over Bards bad cooking.

I laugh for a while and I get up to put on a night gown. I pull my dress off and try to slip on a night gown, which is an utter fail. It ended up getting stuck over my neck and shoulders, which choked me to no end.

As I finally get it over my head, Sebastian walks in holding his candles.

"Good night lady Annabelle."

"Good night silly Sebastian."

And with that I fall into my bed and fall into a deep sleep.

A/N

OMG what do you think of Finnys liking Annabelle... that's kinda crazy weird, any ways, I just wanted to know who you think she should go with, and you can choose from anyone but Ciel, cause Annabelle's not a cougar ;3 anyways good night/morning/afternoon My loves and see you in the next exciting chapter :D

BYE!