Chapter 15: Caught Red Handed

*Annabelle's pov*

I pull back and fling my head to look at who entered the room. There in the doorway I see a shocked Mey-Rin and a blushing Bard. I close my eyes.

"Please don't tell." I hear Finny say.

As I think about it, I would rather that it is a secret to. I mean, it is fine with me either way. Mey-Rin just looked as us as if we were an exhibit in a zoo.

Then her nose started gushing blood.

"Oh, my, such a scene. Ahhh." She says in her high voice.

Bard looks at her as if she is crazy and then he looks at us.

"We will both keep your little secret, This I can promise." He says pointedly looking at Mey-Rin, who had passed out from blood loss.

I looked at her in pitty.

At least our secret is safe. For now.

*Sebastians pov*

What did I just see? I had walked past the kitchen window on my way to the garden, where I was sent to pick roses, and I peered in. I saw Annabelle and Finny in a desperate kind of kiss.

I turned away, knowing that I shouldn't have seen any of that. I feel a small pang of jealousy burning in the pit of my stomach. I wish I had someone, anyone, to hold.

I calmly walked to the garden and got the roses as specified and then I returned to my master's study. He was sitting with his back to me, and he was facing the window.

"My Lord?" I ask cautiously.

"Did you bring the roses?"He asks in his solemn voice.

"Yes."

I hand him the bouquet of flowers and I take a step back from his chair. He picked up one and took it out of the group of flowers. He started picking the petals, and in rhythm with his pickings he sang a rhyme.

" Eenie Meenie Miney Moe,

which will be the first to go?

The flames could know.

Eenie Meenie Miney Moe

Which will be that last to go?

The charred corpse, they should know.

Eenie Meenie Miney Moe

Which will be the one to stay?

The child of the corpses who died in the fire."

I feel weird as I listen to him turn his losses into a rhyme, a game. This is none of my concern, if he wishes to do that, he may. I turn on my heel, prepared to leave.

"Sebastian, aren't you forgetting something?"he says.

I sigh and I lean over and grab the rose petals he had thrown all over the floor. I put the in the basket the bouquet was in and then I precede to leave the room.

I take the petals to my room and make rose water to scent my room. I go down to the kitchen to make dinner and check on how the cookies are doing, although I will most likely have to remake them.

As I reach the kitchen I can here giggling on the inside. I open the door to Annabelle and Finny sweeping the room and eating some of the left over cookies.

As Finny sees me enter, he gets a big grin on his face and he holds out a cookie to me.

"Sebastian, try this cookie... It is simply amazing." He says with such enthusiasm.

I grab the cookie gently out of his hand and I take a bite.Wow. Turns out I won't have to remake these, because they taste just as good as mine, maybe better.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I ask.

"From my Grandmother, Norma. She was always really good at cooking and baking." Annabelle says.

I smile and continue eating, even though I don't need to eat human food.

I take a mother bite and then I wrap up the cookies that I will need for the young Lord.

"You can have the rest, make sure to give some to the other staff members." I say and leave.

I can feel the sadness growing in me as I leave the room. The moment Annabelle stepped into my world, it's been turned upside down. I love how she can do that to me.

*Finnys pov*

I finish the sweeping and I go sit by Bell on the counter. She has this aura of worry all around her, and I want, no need, to know what's going on.

"Bell, what is it..." I say.

"Nothing, I'm just kinda tired."She says.

I won't pressure her into telling me if she doesn't want to, but I know that I'll find out sooner or later.

"Do you want me to bring you upstairs?"

"No, I can walk." She says as she stands up.

"Nope, I'm not letting you."I say as I swoop her up in my arms bridal style.

I carry her out of the kitchen and into the grand hall. I look around to see if anyone was there before I walked up the stairs and started heading to her bedroom.

I opened the door and set her down on her bed. She giggled at me for being such a worry wort. She stood up and grabbed a nightgown and then headed to the bathroom to change.

When she got out I turned to leave. Just as I was almost out of the threshold, she called out to me.

"Finny, will you stay with me until I fall asleep?" She asks.

I turn back around and I go and sit on the edge of her bed, while I watch her for a few moments.

"You can make yourself more comfortable if you want." She says with her eyes half open.

I blushed and then I laid on top of the blankets. I waited a few moments and saw that she was asleep. I rolled over and was about to het up when her sleeping body lashed onto my back.

She snuggled her face into my back muscles and let out a contented sigh. I laid there blushing like a fool, not knowing what to do.

I decided. I turned myself until I was facing her, and I held her sleeping body, pouring all my love into her so she may have sweet dreams.

A/N

Haha, sorry that I didn't update sooner, and that my chapter was kinda crappy. :3 but... I do have some good news. I've decided to not put Black and Brilliant on hold. I decided that even if I am sick because of lack of sleep, I will keep writing for you guys. Anyways, have a good morning/afternoon/night my loves.

BYE!