Kai x (Depressed!) Reader

Art above is by ProNastya.
Thanks for the request kinahcool !
-----------------
Your POV:

It was another fucked up day in school, full of bullying, cusses and discrimination. All I wanted right now was to go home to my best friend Kai. He used to cheer me up in my not so bright times and comfort me when I was crying. Kai would never leave me.

But yet there is something I'm afraid of.
I secretly have a crush on the ninja of fire. I love him but I'm too afraid to tell him. What if he doesn't feel the same? What if it would crush our friendship? I have to tell him. "Today is a different day. I will bring up the nerve to tell him. I have to," I whispered to myself. And ran home.
Time skip: when you arrived at home.
Once I was home I ran up the stairs leading to my room and threw my things to the floor and took my mobile out of my bag. With shaky hands I dialed Kai's number. It's ringing... I thought and tightened the grip around my cellphone. Just then my heart skipped a beat when I heard his deep voice rang out of the speaker. "Hello?" Kai asked. I hesitated...
And soon started to talk. "Hey... Um... I wondered if you can go out to eat something with me tonight." I asked. After that I didn't hear a thing anymore. I was afraid he hang up. But then I heard his voice again saying. "What are you on about?" Once again my heart skipped a beat. Is he angry? Did it sound like I wanted to ask him out in a date? "Nothing, Kai. I just wanted to eat something with you. Nothing else. You know get off from all that stress of a day as a ninja." Or as a bullied pupil. I thought and sighed. Once again he became awkwardly silent. And then he said: "Alright. I'll come over at six." "Sounds great! I'll see you later..." Then I hung up. I plopped onto my bed and sighed. I'm doomed. Our friendship is doomed. I am such a dumbass! How could I think of something like that?! Should I cancel? No. It wouldn't be polite. But I have to. I don't got the guts for this!
Just when I picked my phone up to call him and tell him I couldn't come I saw a text message.
From him!
I quickly read it.
I'm so excited. I hope we can have a lot of fun together. And I hope I can also tell you what I got on my mind for so long.
Xx Kai
He actually texted me first! And he sent me a kiss! But he said he wanted to tell me something. I wonder what this is...
Later that afternoon I got dressed into a red cocktail dress which hugged my curves. Pretty sexy. But I want his attention.

Then I put on some black eyeliner and blood red lipstick

I wonder if he likes make up.
I looked at my phone.
Already 5:58 pm?! I'm going to be late!
I quickly grabbed my purse and put my black high heels on. I quickly checked myself in the mirror before running downstairs and opening the door. Kai stood there leaning against his red car. Chills ran down my spine, I felt butterflies in my belly and my heart skipped a few beats. I blushed like mad and slowly moved my paralyzed body towards this gorgeous guy in red. "Hey there," he smiled kindly at me. "... H... He-hey.." I mentally face-palmed myself for stuttering. "You okay there (Y/N)? You look kinda pale. Do you still wanna go?" Kai asked kinda worried. I shook my head. "I want to go. I'm hungry and it wouldn't be polite if you came here for nothing." I said and played with my curled hair nervously. He laughed a little causing the butterflies in my belly to fly faster. "You're cute, (Y/N). But it's your decision. If you want to go, I want as well." He said before opening the door for me so I could get in the car. Then Kai turned on the engine and we drove to a fancy restaurant.
Time skip (I'm still lazy)
When just ordered our food and sat down in front of each other. "So, (Y/N). How was your day?" Kai asked and tried to break the ice. I blushed like mad when we made eye contact.
And then I stared to remember my horrible day at school again.
"Whore!" "Slut!" "Bitch!"
"Can't you afford clothes? What is that you're always wearing?" "You stink!"
I forcefully kept my tears inside trying not to start to cry I front of Kai. "Bae? Do wanna tell me something?" I looked at him in shock. Did he just call me bae? "I... It's... Just...
I have to go to the bathroom. Excuse me." I said and jumped up from my chair running towards the toilet opening the door and closing it shut behind me loudly. It was a single cabin but yet very big. I sat down on the toilet seat and started to cry silently. My mascara mixed up with my tears and single black drops fell onto my knees. What am I doing? I can't leave him like that! What will he think? Will he look for me? I started to cry harder. Now I was screaming a little, but not to loud. Just then I heard knocking and shouting from outside the cabin. I instantly stopped doing anything even breathing. "(Y/N)! Open the door! Please!" I heard muffled voices from outside. Then again they knocked. I stood up from the toilet seat and opened the door only to be greeted by a worried Kai. I frowned and tried to shut the door again but he held me back by putting his hand against the door. "Let me help you." He begged almost a cry. My heart melted and I pulled him inside. I locked the door and hugged his strong chest tightly. Without hesitation he hugged me back tighter and tighter. The stronger his grip around my skinny little body got the securer I felt. I sniffled into his chest his heart beat got faster. Now I could hear him crying too. We both knelt down onto the floor and cried into each other's arm. "I'm sorry! I-I ru-ruined a-our date... I-I didn't m-mean to. I am such a dumbass!" I sniffled and hugged him tighter. "But why are you crying?" I asked and looked at him. His emerald eyes were full of sorrow and tears. He closed his eyes shut and pulled me closer to his chest again. "Because I don't want to see someone suffer, I'm in love with." I looked at him in shock. "Wh-what?" I whispered. He swiped my tears away and kissed my lips passionately. I jumped up a little before leaning in again and kissing him too. "You understood me loud and clearly. I love you (Y/F/N) (your full name)."
----------
This fugging chapter is long af! It took me like forever! But I hope you enjoyed it anyway. Btw if you want to have a part two with smut, lemon or fluff imma do it. Just let me know in the comments.
Peace out! ✌🏻️
Nyaraysmith