Chapter 3

We all gasped at the beauty of the castle. The lion flew closer and closer to the castle. We landed in front of what looked like a giant door.
"Keep your guard up." Shiro suddenly said making us look at him.
"Something wrong?" Pidge asked.
"My crew was captured by aliens once. I'm not letting that happen again."
We walked out the lion and looked around. The lion suddenly closed its mouth and stood up straight, which made us all gasp and Hunk freak.
"Oh I knew it was going to eat us!" He yelled. The lion roared and the giant door opened.
"Oh the door is open. I guess I was wrong about you." Hunk said from where he was hiding behind Shiro. We walked inside the castle.
"Hello?" Hunk called out, it echoing. We all stopped and looked at him. He just shrugged.
"From the size of the lion, I expected the steps to be bigger." Pidge said, looking at the stair case in front of us. Suddenly a blue light came from about us.
"Hold for identity scan." A voice said. Then little blue rings of light went around us, scanning us.
"Why are we here? What do you want with us?" Shiro asked. Then the castle started to light up making Lance and Pidge gasp.
"I guess we're going that way." I said as the hallway in front us begin to light up. We walked down the hallway going up and down stairs. Hunk kept yelling out "Hello?" As we did. We finally entered a big room with some kind of stand in the middle.
"Where are we?" Lance asked.
"It's some kind of control room." Pidge said as he looked at the stand. Then it lit up and some, capsule came out of the floor, no wait two.
"Are these guys...Dead?" Hunk asked. Then the first one opened reveling a girl with long white hair.
"Father!" She said as she fell out of the capsule. Lance caught her in his arms.
"Hello." Lance said. I groaned as I knew, he's going to flirt with her.
"Who are you? Where am I?" The girl asked.
"I'm Lance. And you're right here in my arms." I facepalmed.
"Your ears." The girl said.
"Yeah?"
"They're hideous. Whats wrong with them?" The girl said. I turned and tried to stifle my laugh, holding to Keith's shoulder for support.
"Nothing's wrong with them! They heard exactly what you said about them!" The girl suddenly brought Lance to the ground, holding his arm behind his back.
"Who are you? Where is King Alfor? What are you doing in my castle?" She asked.
"A giant blue lion brought us here that's all we know!" Lance yelled.
"How do you have the blue lion? What happened to its paladin? What are you all doing here? Unless. How long as it been?"
"We don't know what you're talking about. Why don't you tell us who you are. Maybe we can help." Shiro said.
"I am Princess Allura  of Planet Altea. I've got to find out how long we've been asleep." Allura said and walked to the control panel, making a hologram appear. Suddenly the other capsule opened and a man that looked a little older than us fell out.
"Enemy combatants!" He yelled and tried to attack Lance who just moved out of the way.
"Quiznak! You're lucky I have a case of old sleep chamber knees. Other wise I would have wrapped your head like so, and one two three, sleepy time." He said and snapped his fingers.
"Before you did that I would have." Lance said and started doing some weird, I guess karate moves?
"Oh really? Well how could you do that when I've come at you with this?" The man started doing just as weird moves.
"Man those guys are good." Hunk said.
"It can't be." Allura gasped.
"What is it?" The man asked.
"We've been asleep for 10,000 years." Allura said. She sat there staring at the computer as if she was having a flashback.
"Planet Altea and all of the planets in our solar system have been destroyed. Coran father is gone. Our entire civilization. Zarkon." Allura said angerly. At the mention at Zarkon Shiro gasped.
"Zarkon?" He asked.
"He was the king of the Galra. A vile creature and enemy to all free people." Allura explained.
"I remember know. I was his prisoner."
"He's still alive? Impossible."
"I can't explain it but it's true. He's searching for a super weapon called Voltron." Shiro said.
"He's looking for it because he knows it's the only thing that can beat him, and that's exactly why we must find it before he does."
~~~
"Princess you must eat. It's been 10,000 years." Coran said to Allura.
"I'm not hungry."
"Man 10,000 years. That's like 1,000 plus ten." Lance said. I raised an eyebrow at him.
"That's times ten." Keith said, I nodded.
"Whatever, dropout." Lance said making me slap his arm.
"I haven't eaten since breakfast, I'm starving." Hunk said.
"Yeah but you've thrown up like, five times." Pidge said.
"Good point." Hunk said and started eating the weird goo Coran brought.
"I can't believe your civilization created such advanced technology 10,000 years ago." I said.
"It must have been an incredible place." Shiro said, Hunk gagging at the food in the back.
"Yes, it was. But know we're the last Alteans alive." Coran said. Allura looked down with tears in her eyes. Coran walked over and let her cry on his shoulder. Allura suddenly gasped and walked over to her sleeping chamber.
"Looks like we're not the last after all." Allura said as she looked at the little mice inside. Suddenly an alarm went off making me jump.
"A Galra ship has set a tracker on us." Coran said.
"How did they find us?" Allura asked.
"I'm not sure. But I'm sure it's Keith's fault." Lance said.
"Lance." I said.
"Say what ever you want to say to make you feel better. After getting us stuck on the other side of a wormhole!" Keith said.
"I'll stick you in a wormhole!" Lance yelled.
"Stow it, cadets! This is no time to place blame. It's time to work as a team." Shiro broke them us, with Lance had his arms in the air in a 'what are you going to do about it?' pose at Keith.
"How long till they get here?" Shiro asked Coran.
"At their speed? Well." Coran started counting on his fingers. "I'd say a couple of days."
"Good let them come! By the time they get here you six will have formed Voltron. And together we will destroy Zarkon's empire!" Allura said seriously. Hunk suddenly burped making us look at him.
"Sorry. Food goo." He said sheepishly, while his stomach rumbled making Pidge jump back.
"Princess, there are six of these lions. How are we going to find the rest?" Shiro asked. Allura lead us to a control room, with a platform in the middle. Allura stood on the platform and a light shined down on her.
"King Alfor connected the lion's to Allura's life force. She alone is the key to the lion's whereabouts." Coran explained. Suddenly, little blue lights covered the entire room, making us gasp.
"These are coordinates." Pidge said. "The black lion looks like it's in the same place as the blue lion."
"Look at your primitive synapse fire away in their little brain cage." Coran said to Pidge.
"Very observant. That's because the black lion is in the castle." Allura said.
"To keep the black lion out of Zarkon's hands, King Alfor locked it up in the castle. It can only be freed when the other five lions are present." Coran explained.
"As you have found, the lion's choose their pilots. It is a mystical bond that can not be forced. The quintessence of the lion is mirrored in his paladin. Together, they form something greater than science can explain." Allura said
"The black lion is the head of Voltron. It will take a pilot who is a born leader and in control at all times. Some whose men will not hesitate to follow. That is why Shiro, you will pilot the black lion." Allura put a hologram of the lion in front of Shiro.
"The green lion has an inquisitive personality and needs a pilot of intellect and daring. Pidge you will pilot the green lion."
"The blue lion-"
"Let me guess. Will take the most handsome slash best pilot of the bunch?" Lance interrupted Allura, making her glare at him.
"The yellow lion is caring and kind. It's pilot is one who puts the needs of others before himself. His heart must be mighty. As the leg of Voltron, you will lift the team up and hold them together." Allura had a picture of the yellow lion in front of Hunk, making him question her.
"The red lion is temperamental and the most difficult to master. It's faster more agile then the others, but also more unstable. It's pilot needs someone who relies more on instincts than skill alone. Keith, you will fly the red lion."
"What this guy?" Lance said.
"Lastly, the pink lion. It's the most loving and one of the easiest to get along with. It's pilot needs someone who cares for others, and is soft on the inside, but hard on the outside. Korra, you will pilot the pink lion." Allura said, putting a hologram of the pink lion in front of me. 
"Unfortunately, I cannot locate the red lions coordinates yet. There must be something wrong with the castle. After 10,000 years it may need some work." Allura said.
"Don't worry, we'll find it soon. They don't call the "the coranic" for nothing. It's because it sounds like mechanic. Coranic, mechanic. It doesn't sound the same. It's similar." Coran rambled.
Then the other lions began to move and ran together and flew up.
"Once all the lions are united, you will form Voltron the most powerful warrior ever known, the defender of the universe." Allura said as the lions came together and formed Voltron.
"Wait. Okay we're going to be in there and flying lions got that part. How do lions turn into legs? Is this going to be a long trip? I have to pee. Do you people pee?" Hunk started rambling.
"We don't have much time. Pidge and I will go after the green lion. Lance, you take Hunk and get the yellow lion. Keith, you go with Korra to get the pink lion." Shiro ordered.
"In the meantime, I'll get the castles defenses ready. They'll be sorely needed." Allura said.
"I'll ready two pods and load the coordinates so that you can reach the green and pink lion." Coran said.
Then we all took off going to find the lions.
______________________________________
Hey two updates two day in a row. I haven't done that since I posted my first book who knows how long ago.