Chapter 12

I love the ship names you guys came up with! Y'all are a lot more creative than I am ( ̄ε ̄@)
Oh! And for those who are wondering "when will they finally get together?!?" I have it planned. It will be after the Balmera ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Edit: I'm still writing this but it's Lance's birthday! Happy birthday our very own sharpshooter!!
See the end note for the official ship name!
__________________________________
"Attention damaged craft. This is princess Allura. We are coming to assist you. " Allura announced to the people who sent the destress beacon. We leave the ship and see a boy and girl alien standing, waiting for us.
"You don't know how glad we are too see some friendly faces. Most folks don't want to get tangled up with anyone who's on the run from the Galra." The boy said as we walked up.
"So, you guys are fighting the Galra?" Keith asked.
"Well I don't think Zarkon's quaking in his boots at the three of us. I'm Rolo. That's Nyma, and our cyber-unit Breezer."
"Pidge."
"Yeah."
"Cool robot!" We both said, looking at Breezer.
"Was your ship damaged in a fight?" Shiro asked.
"Yeah, we've really been through it with Galra. Parts are hard to come by. Luckily, we made it to this moon about a week ago. If you didn't pick up our distress signal I--"
"We're happy to help. I am Princess Allura of Altea and from now on, you won't be alone in the fight. You'll have the paladins of Voltron by your side!" Allura said, cutting off Rolo. Rolo made an uncertain face when he looked behind him to see Lance hopelessly flirting with Nyma, and Pidge on top of Breezer with me laughing next to her.
"Okay."
"I don't think they've heard of us." Shiro said.
"It has been 10,000 years." Keith said, unnoticed by me, staring at me with a small blush.
"Voltron? Six robotic lions that combine into this giant robot...guy?" Lance said. Me and Pidge started to play with Breezer's ears while giggling.
"Sounds impressive. I'd love to see it. Or him. Them?" Rolo said.
"Why don't we just get to work on your ship. I'm sure we all have places to be." Hunk said.
"Practically our hole flaxum assembly is shot. I don't know what kind of extra parts you carry in this rig or yours. I've never seen anything like it." Rolo said.
"I'm sure we can get you up and running again. Give Hunk a list of what you need. Coran can show you where to find it." Allura said.
"Okay." Hunk said, clearly still upset.
"We'll go with you. Don't want you to carry all that stuff by yourself. Come on guys." Rolo said and began walking but Hunk stopped him.
"I don't think so. You can just wait out here."
"Hunk don't be rude."
"Yeah mind your manners. There are ladies present." Lance said. I sighed and rolled my eyes, walking over to stand next to Keith. I'll let Pidge fan girl over the robot.
"Oh I'm sorry but does anyone remember the last time we let our guard down? Someone set off a bomb. Remember Lance? You were almost killed." Hunk said.
"Oh yeah."
"Hunk's right. Sorry but we have to be cautious." Shiro said.
"Hey I don't take it personal. That's how it is. You have to look out for your own. You're doing a good job big guy." Rolo said. Taking a list that Breezer printed out. Pidge poked him, scaring the robot. I giggled, Keith giving me an odd glance.
~~~
"My planet was destroyed by Galra and I was taken captive. I managed to escape but not after I lost something." Rolo said and lifted up his pants leg, showing a robotic leg. We stood around a fire, Hunk getting the supply's, Lance flirting again, and Pidge still with the robot.
"I know how you feel." Shiro said.
"Well, I hope there's some parts in here that'll help." Hunk grunted while pulling the cart of parts. He frowned when nobody said anything.
"You know to get your ship moving."
"Great! Thanks."
"So what can you tell us about Zarkon's forces. Where are they concentrated?" Allura asked. Pidge flashed by, riding Breezer. I laughed at how happy she is.
"Well, his command ship sits right in the center of his empire. He mostly calls the shots from there and has his minions do the work. Depending on who's closer. This is the territory of a real nasty bugger named Sendak." Rolo said.
"Oh, we've met." I said, Keith nodding in agreement.
"How far are we from the center?" Shiro asked.
"We're way out in the fringes. "
"Hey sorry to interrupt, but you guys are keeping Rolo from working. It's just we're kind of in a hurry. A hero named Shay saved my life, and I swore I would return and saver her and her people. You understand." Hunk interrupted Rolo. Pidge was in the back still messing with Breezer.
"Sure. Sorry." Rolo said and walked off.
"Hunk, we're going to get going soon. But I think Rolo has some information that may be helpful to us. " Shiro said,as Rolo was looking at the parts.
"I don't trust that guy as far as I can throw him. We might as well leave him with the parts and say adios amigo." Hunk said. I started laughing at Pidge who tried to lift Breezer only to fail.
"Hey bud. Sorry but to you think you can find a length of thermal pipe about yay long? " Rolo said.
"On the way." Hunk groaned.
"So are there more freedom fighters? Any kind of organized resistance to the Galra?" Shiro asked as me, Allura and Keith walked over.
"Only folks who haven't colonized yet, or the like few who escaped. " Rolo answered.
"Well we're going to change all of that. " Keith said.
"That's good to hear. But I've got to warn you, it's pretty bad out there. You don't know what your up against. " Rolo said, then turned around. I looked over to see Lance dragging Nyma towards the castle. I sighed.
"What?" Keith asked.
"Look." I said. Everyone looked up to see the blue lion flying off.
"Oh that idiot." I sighed.
"Oh. I've been meaning to ask." Rolo said, making us turn to his attention to him.
"You two dating?" He asked pointing to me and Keith.
"What?!" Keith and I studdered out.
"I mean, you two seem awfully close. Not to mention you keep staring at each other." Rolo shrugged and turned around. Oh good my face feels like it in fire. Keith is no better. I could see Hunk holding back giggles. Keith went over to stand next to Rolo's ship, his face still red.
"I think this thing is ready for a test run. Breezer come co-pilot for me." Rolo suddenly said and ran off. He went in the ship and the ship took off, creating a massive breeze that nearly knock me over. We all went over to where we were all sitting and waited.
And waited.
And waited.
"How many ticks have they been gone?"
"I don't know. I hope they didn't break down again." Allura said.
"Something ain't right." I said.
"Guys? Hello? A little help." Lance's voice came through the PA on our helmets.
"Lance? Are you alright? What's going on?" Shiro asked as we all put on our helmets.
"Well I'm kind of chained to a tree."
"I knew it!"
"And I think Nyma and Rolo stole the blue lion."
"I knew it!" Hunk yelled again.
"Where are they?"
"Uh space?"
"I never trusted those guys!"
~~~
"At first it was just a feeling in my gut but when I was replacing that pipe the pipe was cracked but none of the hardware around it was damaged. " Hunk ranted as we went to our lions.
"Okay we get it." Keith said but Hunk kept going.
"Okay! We get it!" I said this time. Hunk kept on going.
"Okay we get it!" We all yelled.
The lions flew out into space.
"There they are!" After a few minutes we saw their ship. They must have saw us, as they took off, and flew into an asteroid belt.
"We'll never get through this asteroid field!"
"Maybe I can just bust through." Hunk said. Hunk rammed into an asteroid only for it to knock into another one, causing all of them to move.
"Nope. That was wrong. Bad idea."
"Keith you're the only one who could possibly fly through this. We need you, get in there and flush them out." Shiro ordered.
"You got it see you on the other side."
"Good luck Keith!" I said and we went around the belt to the other side. We waited, and saw the ship come out, being led by Keith.
"Yeah! Hey Lance got your lion back. " Keith said.
"Thank you Keith. Now, can you come and unchain me?"
"What's that? I uh can't hear you. You're cutting out. I can't hear you." Keith said, making me laugh.
"Oh come one! I thought we bonded! Keith? Korra? You wanna help?"
"Sorry you're cutting out."
~~~
We got Rolo to land the ship, unchained Lance and got the blue lion.
"Since you're ship is really damaged. You'll have to wait here for rescue." Keith said.
"Thanks for sparing our lives." Rolo said.
"Now that these guys are dealt with, let's get to the Balmera and save Shay and her family." Hunk said. This is the most determined I've seen him.
"You may not believe is, but I hope you beat Zarkon. It's a life time of fighting Galra that led me to where I am. " Rolo said.
"Don't worry." I said, everyone's head turned to me. "We'll beat him."
________________________________________
Hey! Hey! Hey! Okay I decided which ship name I want.
Drum roll please....
....
....
Kerra! Shout out to the person who came up with the ship name! I loved all the ship names but this one was a personal favorite hehe.