Prologue

"Jagiya, wake up."

The slightest rub on my shoulder I have ever felt in my life woke me up from my sleep that seemed like a hibernation. It has been a month since I got a full eight hours of sleep. Being a new intern in a busy hospital and yet in the emergency unit is quite overwhelming but at the same time, it feels fulfilling.

"Good morning, handsome." I smile as I saw him standing in front the full body mirror, tightening his tie. "Why are you up so early?"

"The awards ceremony, remember?" He smiles back, showing his perfect set of teeth. "We got another one tonight so we had to do one right now."

"You look gorgeous." I commented as I stare at his reflection in the mirror. "So so handsome."

"Well other idols are going to be there so I have to be good looking." He playfully winks at me.

"Oh right," I say, nodding as I recall him telling me that. "Are you going to be able to visit me again tomorrow?"

I slowly sat down and give him a longing look. I miss him so much. He's here in front of me and we spent the night together too, but I need more of him. I want more of him.

I love him.

"I will for you, jagiya." He catches my eye and takes a step closer to me, stretching his arm to caress my cheek. "I'll skip practice and spend the night with you. We'll have dinner together."

"Jagiya..." I mumble from my lips, and soon he lifts my chin up as he bends down to kiss me softly.

He then pulls back an inch away from me, his handsome face the only thing in my sight. "I love you."

"I love you too." I reply and leans in to kiss him again, but before we got a bit carried away, I pull back with a giggle. "You don't want to be late, jagi. We'll continue tomorrow."

He clicks his tongue and nods with a smirk on his face. "That we shall do."

"Take care." I say as he starts to straighten up his posture, arranging the small folds on his suit.

"Why don't you come with me later tonight on the awards show?" He asks before leaving our room. "It's been almost a year since we started dating, my manager will understand."

"Jagi..." I start to fluster and roll back down into the bed. "You'll... you'll risk your name, people doesn't know that you're dating someone and I don't want you to be all over the news."

"But how long are we going to keep our relationship a secret?" He asks, walking back to me. "I want the world to know that I have someone like you."

I roll to my side and face him. "We will in the future, but... not now."

"Fine, if that's what you want." He proceed to walk to the door backwards, his eyes not breaking contact with mine. "I still don't understand why you don't want to come with me tonight."

"I don't either." I smile back and soon, he starts to turn around and walk out of the door as he waves at me.

I lied.

Because there's only one reason why I don't have the courage to go to the awards night with him.

And that is because he will be there and I am not ready to face him again after eight years.

He will be there.

Min Yoongi will be there.