XXIX

- finale;

(disclaimer: it's important to play the music i put in the multimedia later when i tell you to! it's just going to help set the mood and make the experience of reading it so much better! well this is it, without further ado, the last chapter.)

The wedding was marvellous.

It was my first time attending a wedding, so I didn't know what type of joy it can bring to people. It was a ceremony full of love, my one and only best friend finally sharing her heart and soul with someone she trusts with her life.

She's a married woman now.

"Unnie, where is-" Mina whispered as soon as the ceremony has ended.

"Shhh." I answered right away, nervous and embarrassed at the same time. I looked around the whole place, and he is nowhere to be seen.

Where the hell is he?

After I talked to him last night, after I poured my heart out to him, after I told him how much he meant to me and how i'm willing to spend my life with him... he's going to stood me up like this?

Is this him giving up on me? The ceremony's already over and he still isn't here. Was all my efforts, me finally being able to choose without hesitation, all for nothing? Did I make the wrong decision?

No, I shake my head from the thought. Even if he decides not to show up anymore, I don't care. All that matters is that I told him how much I love him, and how i'm going to continue doing so. That's what's important, right?

I made a choice and I chose him.

I have no regrets.

"Is he not going to show up?" Mina asks again, making me feel more embarrassed.

"What about Taehyung-ah? Did he not show up?" I retorted, trying to divert the topic and attention from me.

"He might." She smiles maturely and looks ahead of her. "I let him go, unnie. I decided that he's not really for me."

I felt a little guilty, making me look at her. Damn it, Eunji. Why did you have to bring up a sensitive topic for her? "I'm sorry, what happened?"

"He loves me back, but not in a way that I love him." She says in a low voice followed by a forced laugh. It sounded so forced that I can hear her pain resonating. "We're friends, now. I'm lucky to be a friend of Kim Taehyung."

"Aww, Mina." I say, pulling her into a hug.

She hugs me back for a second as I felt her hand quickly wiping her cheeks. She then stands up to follow all of the people, finally chatting and paying their respects to the newly-weds.

Everyone was captivated into each of their own conversations that I felt like I don't belong. Where is he? Is he running late? Well, no. The wedding's over.

There's a lot of people in here and him coming here would mean that he's ready, completely ready for what's next to come.

But he's not here.

He's not going to come, Eunji.

Just accept it.

When Yuri was finally alone, I walked to her and gave her a big hug. Jokingly threatening her new husband to take care of her or else I am going to kick his butt. Her parents soon joined us, and we were reminiscing childhood memories of her that we were just laughing like a huge family.

"Oh! Uncle, auntie!" Yuri gasps excitedly and walks past me as she holds her dress, hurriedly hugging the people behind me. As I whirled around to see who it was, I was surprised more than ever.