XXII

- present;

I put the piece of paper and the ring inside of a shoe box.

A shoe box that has been hidden for years, that even though I never open it anymore, I still kept it for some reason. That even though it was filled of memories that I don't want to recall, I couldn't just toss it away.

The crumpled paper sat there, beside the pink plushy that is in a shape of a heart fish. I took it out of the box and squeezed it gently with my fingers, realizing how it managed to look the same after years of being stocked in this lonely box. I put it back in and stared at the jewelries, the ring and necklace, the necklace that he has bought me.

The necklace with a crescent moon pendant I didn't know i'd see again.

Why am I still hanging on to these things?

To these things that do nothing but remind me of him?

"Babe, you in there?" A voice calls from downstairs, and it was of course from Chanyeol.

I hurriedly close the box, not having a chance to read what was on the letter and put it back under my closet where nobody bothers to inspect.

"Yes," I reply, breathing in relief as I put it away just in time before he sees me. "I'm just changing."

When will I be able to get rid of it?

*

- two weeks later; present

I sat in front of the computer, finishing the last bit of my paper work slowly when I saw the news from the television at the lobby.

Chanyeol from EXO is getting married.

Surprise, surprise, Eunji. He's going to get married to you.

It didn't surprise me one bit, I knew that it was bound to happen anytime soon. It has been two weeks ever since they announced it publicly, and shortly after that, he needed to leave me again to finish their world tour.

Now that he's back, I guess that everything is still worth it. We needed to be as sly as possible when going outside, which is hard, but... the fact that he didn't mention my name. The fact that he tried to protect me from his fans just made me feel like I made the right choice.

"Follow us on Twitter to get more updates!" The girl from the television says so cheerfully.

I contemplated for a moment, but I was curious on what people were saying. I closed the window for my paper works and opened my internet browser, going into Twitter.

As soon as the page finished loading, an account of someone popped right into my face, someone I didn't expect to see there.

BTS.

I clicked on their name, and it almost made me jump out of my seat as I saw how many followers they have. Are they... really this popular? Millions and millions of people are following them, while they don't follow people that much.

Just... wow.

I scrolled down, and their latest post was with a closed up picture of someone's ear, with three earrings in it that almost formed a triangle. On the lower lobe was a small metal ball, on top of it was a simple hoop that fit snugly on his ear as if it was hugging it, and last but not the least, a little silver cross that looked so familiar to me.