Chapter 1

To say the least, I was excited.

Today was a new start, the start my parents would've wanted for me.

I recently moved from Mystic Falls, a pathetic supernatural boasting town to Beacon Hills, 2000 miles from home. I'm on another side of the only country I've ever known.

After a ritual I sacrificed myself in I decided that a new start would be good for me.

So here I am, in California where I know nobody nor the place I'm in. I don't even really know why I'm here it was just so inviting.

I jumped out of bed and headed towards my shower, soaking for a while and washing my hair and body before turning off the water and looking myself in the mirror.

I could barely recognise myself, I saw my broken hearted sister in my eyes, my evil doppelganger in my smirk and curls. I didn't see me.

My best friend lay on his death bed less than 2 months ago and as a result of him living my other best friend is missing with a dysfunctional newbie hybrid that's over 1000 years old.

I brushed through my curls and began straightening my hair, adjusting the towel wrapped around me.

The straighteners were having a hard time taming my curls so I threw my hair up in the bun with a neat French braid at the bottom. I did my makeup, flawlessly, may I add.

I put on my Def Leppard shirt and ripped dark wash jeggings with black converse.

I put my purse between my teeth, slipping my phone into my back pocket and picked up my handbag filled with notebooks from last semester in Mystic High and new notebooks and pens. I picked up my vervain/wolfsbane soaked watch and picked up my keys at the front door, locking the door and looking across the road.

There sat a Sheriff's car. Oh great, no parties then. I was dying to show off the party tricks Caroline had shown me. Keg stands and drinking beer under water.

Although those tricks probably have nothing on the Buffy-like vampire hunting training I had been doing with Damon all summer.

I got in my car just as my phone rang. I sighed, awkwardly pulling my phone out of my pocket and putting my bag on the passenger seat, keys in ignition. I got this car from Damon for my birthday a year ago, when I was his only friend and even his brother hated him. I helped him find Katherine, of course then I didn't know she was a psycho bitch.

"Hello?" I answered, putting the call on speaker phone and laying it on the dash board, pulling out of my drive.

"Hey, first day of school you excited?! Have you got everything? Do you need me to send anything? Is anyone bothering you? Any boys?" Caroline gushed through the phone, I bit my lip to keep from laughing at her. God knows she hates that.

"Caroline you're 3 hours ahead of me remember. It's 7:45am here" I giggled a little and she huffed.

"I'm sorry, I just...I really miss you we all do" Caroline said and I sighed.

"I miss you all too care-bear. Now I better go, I don't want to be late on my first day so tell everyone I love them and as soon as you hear from Stefan call me" I warned, after all Stefan was one of my best friends, him going missing was tearing me down inside I just hope his humanity is fully functional and he's safe.

"Right okay, have fun at school and eh be safe" Caroline stuttered, she was always worried about me.

"I love you care-bear" I said as I pulled up to the school.

"I love you too!" She replied before hanging up. So here I am, new school. People swarmed the entrance, ready for class. No one spared a glance at the girl in the black range rover.