Chapter 29

I snuck through the door, Stiles behind me. I would've let him go in front of me...if this wasn't dangerous.

"Do you know what you're looking for?" I asked him as we walked into the middle of the room, he looked somewhat nostalgic. Like he's been here before.

"Something to do with that" Stiles pointed to something. I turned around to see the symbol on the wall. The symbol the Oni practically tattooed onto me.

"There are papers" I pointed out, looking to the diagrams on the various small tables. I picked one up and immediately felt sick.

"That'll be the trepanation they were talking about" I said, picking up other papers.

I sat on a couch, Stiles beside me as we went through the photos and sketches of some pretty disturbing things. This can't be legal. No wonder they don't want anybody down here.

"You don't like me any less because of this right?" Stiles asked, completely out of the blue and frankly catching me way off guard.

If anything this has made me love him more, his strength and willpower and trust in the pack.

"Of course not" I shook my head, refusing to make eye contact.

"This place definitely used to be a lot more fun" I said, changing the subject as fast as I could but I could still feel Stiles' eyes on me. Of course I wanted nothing more than to be with him but right now that hunger for Stiles I had been feeling, was beginning to feel more like starvation.

"Electroshock, Ice baths, trepanation" I listed off, Stiles becoming a little alarmed. I granted myself a small look at his face to see worry.

"That's what that man was talking about and Oliver. It's when they drill a hole into your head" Stiles explained.

"Guards caught me trespassing and they were going to drill a hole in my head?" I scoffed, I think that's a little extreme.

I tossed the papers to the side and looked to Stiles as he looked so fed up.

"There's nothing down here" He seemed disappointed in himself - like he expected so much more from this fun little field trip to the local loony bin.

"Will you do me a favour? Will you just check the lines on my back, just tell me if they're fading?" Stiles frantically pulled at the back of his t-shirt so I took hold of his shaking hand, I could practically smell the anxiety on him.

I lifted his shirt gently to see the lines fading. Oh fantastic.

"Yeah they are" I sighed in annoyance tugging it back down and sighing. He turned back around pretty fast, any faster and his neck would've snapped.

His face was right in front of mine, inches apart. It's not like we hadn't been in this situation before, well not exactly, but every time I become more an more nervous. I wanted to know how he felt about me, because I sure as hell knew how I felt about him.

My lip began to quiver. Thanks body for making me seem totally lame, greatly appreciated.

"Are you cold?" He asked me. I wasn't cold but that was better than I was shaking with anticipation to smoosh my face onto his face.

"Yeah sorry" I practically whispered.

"It's okay" He shook his head. His hands reached out for mine, enveloping them and stroking my palm with his thumb. I tensed a little at the contact but was surprised that his eyes had stayed on mine.

"Wow you really are" Stiles said, chuckling. I giggled a little, I hadn't realised I was cold. I guess my body had pulled through for me this time.

The anticipation was killing me, our faces so close, his eyes so light and caring.
Before I could stop myself, or realise what I was doing I went to kiss him. He seemed extremely startled but rested into it, placing his warm hands on my cheeks, stroking them down to my neck and pulling me closer. This had been better than any pervious kiss we'd shared - it was mixed with emotions like passion and need but also gentle-ness and...love?

Love. It's love. Maybe just for me but it's still love. He pulled away and looked into my eyes.

"You know I really really like you..."He went to go on but I stopped him, interrupting him completely and leaving him shocked after my words.

"I love you" I Splattered out, which I sure as hell was going to regret.

His eyes went wide. His mouth moved as if he were trying to speak but couldn't like he was frozen.

But without words he showed me the love he felt for me, by delving right back in for that kiss.

"I wanna try something else" I mumbled as he pulled away.

"Something else?" He seemed a little wary, and I was too. But this could go really well or really wrong. I held the hem of my shirt and pulled it over my head, leaving me only in my bra.

At first Stiles looked a little hesitant, but that look was soon washed away as he smiled, looking into my eyes and kissing me gently again, lowering me against the sofa.