Chapter 15

I grunted, feeling my lip burst.

"Come on, Gilbert. Fight back" He growled. I let out a groan of annoyance, throwing my head back and swiping under his feet, elbowing him in the face as he fell to the ground.

"Better" He nodded.

"We've been at this for hours, Derek. Can I get a shower now?" I pouted. Derek rolled his eyes and nodded, gesturing towards my bathroom as he took a seat on my bed.

"Thank you" I sighed in exhaustion and picked up my outfit and makeup bag, making my way to the bathroom.

For the last 2 weeks I've been training with Derek, trying to build up my strength and fighting abilities without weapons. In that time Derek and I became somewhat close.

However, I have been ignoring Scott and Stiles for the past 2 weeks after I wasn't made aware of Boyd's death.

I washed in the shower, getting the sweat off of my body and washing my hair too. I stepped out, putting on underwear and picked out a white tank top, a high waisted salmon skirt with thick brown belt. I put a blue denim shirt over it and brown leather 3 inch heel booties.

I put on some light foundation to cover a few bruises I had and some pink lipstick to cover my burst lip. I put on mascara and nude eyeshadow. I put my hair up in a neat top knot.

Katherine had fled somewhere and Damon went back to Mystic Falls - to handle something wrong with Alaric.

So it was just Derek and I, sometimes Allison and Lydia. After all they thought I knew. I stepped out of the bathroom, picking up the only book I needed to take to school.

Derek took this as a fantastic opportunity to scare the shit out of me by grabbing me by the waist and throwing me out of my already open window.

That bastard.

I landed on the crash mat that Derek obviously laid out.

"Not cool!" I yelled, sitting up and resting my feet on the ground.

Derek jumped out from the window, landing swiftly beside me, his impact with the crash mat causing me to fall off. 

I giggled a little, ending up in Derek and I in fits of laughter.

"Oh this is not good, i'm gonna be late" I sat up and brushed off my outfit.

"I'll drive you" Derek knew how much I loved his car, he even let me borrow it sometimes but not a lot.

I nodded, getting in his Camaro and he drove me off to school. We pulled up at the same time a familiar baby blue jeep did.

"You have to talk to them eventually" Derek pointed out. I shrugged, kissing his cheek and stepping out the car, feeling everyone look at me.

Derek sped off and I sighed, seeing Stiles, Scott, Allison and Lydia walking up to the front entrance, Sometimes looking back to me.

You may be thinking I'm a little lonely without them.And that's probably around 80% right. Of course I had Lydia and Allison but I had Mystic Falls. My connections with Mystic Falls have never been stronger while I've been away. I knew Klaus was coming for me but now I was just waiting.

I got around my classes without being bothered by anybody, which was nice for a change. Usually I'd have some drama going on.

I sat at a lone table outside at lunch, digging through my bag looking for my notepad. I was trying my best to remain hidden in Beacon Hills to keep Klaus' people off my tail. Which is proving to be quite difficult.

"Oh my god" I slammed my head down on the table, hearing some people put down their trays on the table.

"Something wrong?" I heard a chirpy voice. Lydia.