Chapter 2

The rest of the school day was slow, i barely learnt anything, everything the teachers said was to do with their failing marriages, mid-life crisis, alcohol issues or something I already knew.

I finally made it out of that hell-hole in time to catch that Stiles' guy checking out my car.

"Stiles, right?" I asked, he jumped at my prescence, which was incredibly cute and turned to me, smiling goofily.

"Yeah, sorry is this your car?" He asked. I nodded and patted her hood.

"Car. Heart. Soul. Whatever you wanna call it" I laughed, he chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"are you okay?" I asked and he nodded quickly.

"Yeah, it's just not often pretty girl talk to me you know.." He sai, but as soon as he said it his cheeks lit up and his eyes widened. I blushed a littl and giggled.

"Can I get your number?" I asked him. He looked surprised by my question.

"Me? Mine? My-my number?" He asked and I nodded, biting my lip a little to keep from laughing.

"Yeah, maybe we could hang out sometime" I shrugged. He nodded furiously and handed me his phone, I added my number and called myself 'Clara<3'

He took his phone and blushed at the heart i put. I gripped my textbooks a little and bit my lip, a habit i got from my sister.

"So, call me whenever" I said, walking backwards to my car as he nodded.

He was for sure cute, but there was something so secretive about him. Like he had a whole world behind himself that he couldn't control, a whole other life.

I got in my car and decided to take a little de-tour before heading home for a little bit of homework. I made my way towards the woods, parking at the side of an empty road and taking my phone and a flashlight. I keep my hunting supplies in a duffelbag in the backseat.

I stepped into the woods and looked around. It's...eerie.

I walked around, seeing holes that had been dug up, leaves scattered around. For a preserve it was a mess. I could see animals running around, bunnies and even a few mice. There was probably deer here. Looks like a place there would be hikers and runners but there wasn't a person in sight. Not one. Which made it even creepier as it got darker, almost 7pm.

My phone began to blare my ringtone, making me jump, the gun tucked into my side scraping against me. I'm surprised i even get signal out here.

It was Damon.

"You scared the shit out of me" I said into the phone as I heard his chuckle, which would make most girls swoon.

"What are you doing?" He asked, as if he knew i was doing something weird.

"I am in the middle of the woods" I stated, looking around.

"And i'm lost" I added. He laughed a little and sighed.

"You know something..." I trailed of, making my way to a building I saw in the distance.

"Beacon Hills, I researched some of it in the Sheriff's department, courtesy of Liz Forbes" Damon sounded like he was flicking through piles of research. It was extrememly cute of him to go to so much trouble to make sure I was in the safest place possible. He cared about me after all.

"What did you get?" I asked, turning on my flashlight.

"A long line of mysterious animal attacks" Damon huffed as if he'd been defeated.

"Animals attacks? Like vampires?" I came up to a building that looked deserted but still had this sort of scent of life. It didn't seem abandoned.

"I think it's more lockwoods" Damon said and I rolled my eyes.

"Werewolves. Amazing, fantastic. I'll avoid it Damon don't you worry" I said. I began walking further towards the house, inspecting the outside.

"You better because I don't want to have to travel across the country to pull your ass from some supernatural disaster" Damon chuckled and I giggled, biting my lip. I turned around to leave to see a tall dark stranger staring at me. I screamed a little startled, pulling out my gun and aiming it at him. He slowly out his arms up and smirked a little.

"Don't you know not to sneak up on a lady" I warned and his smirk faltered a little.

"This is private property" He said as i could practically hear Damon's curiosity as to what was going on.

"Nice to know, why are you in the middle of the woods?" I interrogated, turning my gun slightly.

"Why are you in the middle of the woods, with a handgun?" He began walking towards me as my hand shook a little. Usually i don't get nervous going against supernatural beings but only when I know what they are. This guy gave off a Damon vibe but was definitely not a vampire.

"I asked you first" I said, voice not quivering whatsoever. He put his hand over the barrell of my gun and pulled it from my grasp, throwing it to the floor wth abnormal speed and strength.

"You did" He nodded, pointing to my phone signalling he wanted me to hang up. I let a breath out and turned to the side.

"I'm gonna have to go, Damon. I promise I'll stay safe byee" I began to yell over Damon's protests but hung up anyway, putting my phone in y pocket as it continued to buzz.

"And you are?" I asked, placing my hand on my hip.

"Derek Hale. You?" He didn't seem very threatening, more demanding.

"Clara Gilbert. This your house?" I asked, pointing towards the burnt mess in front of me.

"it was" The emotions in his voice becoming a whole lot more dark and upsetting.

"I'm sorry" I said to him and he shrugged.

"You didn't answer my question" He said. I shrugged.

"Looking for trouble I guess" I lean against a tree.

"Well you certainly came to the right place" Derek kept his eye on the house.

"I better go" I said, beginning to walk away. I turned to see him still staring at his house as I smirked.

"Have fun with your animal attacks" I called back, picking up my gun. His head snapped back to me and glared as I smirked and winked, walking back tomy car and getting in as I pulled out my phone.

8 missed calls from Damon

3 texts from Damon

1 text from Unknown

All of Damon's texts were full of a between worry and aggression, with some stupid vampire threat to match his worried/sarcastic tone.

But I had another text.

From: Unknown
Hey, it's Stiles. From the parking lot if you dont remember. I gave your number to Lydia from English hope you don't mind :)

Even the texts he send were awkward and cute. He had this sort of nervousness-yet politeness- to him that i'd never seen before. Like he was afraid to upset anybody. But he also seemed like he had this side to him that if you got to know him there would be so much more, and i wanted to do just that.

To: Stiles
It's no problem, see you tomorrow at lunch? :)

Within no time I had a reply.

From: Stiles
Sounds great :)

I don't know how but just getting a text from him made me feel giddy and happy and....magic.

I quickly got home to do a little studying and homework before putting myself to bed knowing three things;

Something mysterious is going on in Beacon Hills
I miss Mystic Falls
Stiles is...incredible.