Chapter 24

I woke up in Scott's bed, that would be a lot weirder to think if I wasn't injured and panicking all night when Scott found me. Stiles had gotten away from the Oni and called Scott to get me, turns out Scott was already at the hospital with his kebab dad.

I spent the day at Scott's - he went to work and I helped Mama McCall look after Agent McCall.

"Scott" I nudged him, my voice croaking. He flipped over to face me, rubbing his eyes.

"You okay?" He asked. I pointed to his vibrating phone on his night stand. He squinted his eyes in confusion and picked it up. I hadn't heard from Stiles all day which was strange and extremely worrying.

"It's Stiles" He said. He answered. I smooshed my face to his face to hear the call. All I heard was heavy breathing.

"Stiles?" Scott said. The heavy breathing continued.

"Hey, yeah I'm here" Scott sat up, waking up. What is going on?

Scott began slipping on shoes. I copied him. I stood up, putting on one of Scott's leather jackets that he likes to buy to feel bad ass when he rides his bike - sometimes he's a wannabe Derek.

"Are you okay can you hear me?" Scott asked. He sat up and chucked a helmet my way. Well it was my helmet. Scott bought me it yesterday as a thank you for looking after his dad when Melissa got called out.

"Uh okay can you see anything? Just tell me what you see" Scott asked. He wasn't home? Was he sleepwalking? This boy really likes to keep us on our toes.

Scott pulled the phone away from his ear. He must've cut out.

"Is he okay?" I asked. Scott shrugged, calling him back.

"Stiles!" He exclaimed but his face immediately fell. Voicemail, I guess.

He called again. I put the helmet on the bed and tied back Scott's t-shirt that I'm wearing.

Scott's phone began to ring again and he answered immediately.

"Where are you?" Scott asked urgently. I continued to stare, unable to move. What if Stiles was seriously hurt?

"How bad? Stiles how bad is it?" I flinched at those words. Stiles was hurt?

"Stiles are you there can you hear me?" Scott rambled, any sane person would've left for Stiles' house by now so why aren't we leaving to find him??

"Listen i'm gonna call your dad!" Scott exclaimed. Thank god a proper idea.

"What if I can't find you? Stiles I can't make a promise like that!" Scott started to spin in circles, he was going to have a panic attack. I rushed over, putting my hands on Scott's arms to stop him, looking him in the eye.

I know the look on my face can't exactly be helpful as I was probably as terrified as he was.

"I don't know if I can do this" Scott sighed, he was going to break down.

"No wait what? Stiles hold on! Stiles hold on man!" Scott took the phone from his ear. He hung up...was there someone with him?

"Isaac!" I yelled, Scott ran to his drawer, getting clothes out.

"Isaac get up! I need your help! Isaac!" Scott called after me.

Isaac burst in, looking at me in shock, then to Scott. He's probably thinking the worst but we don't have time for that.

"It's Stiles, he's out there by himself and he's lost and hurt and we have to find him" I said, picking up the helmet and giving Scott his helmet. We all ran downstairs but Scott's phone buzzed again. I took it from his pocket and answered as Scott and Isaac froze.

"Stiles!" I exclaimed. He paused a little but his breathing was clear again.

"Did you call him? Did Scott call my dad?" Stiles asked.

"No. Just Scott and Isaac. We're going to find you Stiles I promise. Have you figured out where you are? Try and find something tell us where to look!" I exclaimed, rambling on. I was beyond scared I couldn't lose Stiles what if he was seriously hurt?

"It's a basement. I think I think i'm in some kind of basement?" Stiles stuttered. I've never heard him like this before. He sounded in pain, I didn't want him to ever be in pain.

"In a house?" I asked. Scott and Isaac were listening in, worried expressions on both of their faces, more so Scott.

"No. It looks bigger. Like industrial. I think there's a furnace. But it's cold. It's freezing down here. I gotta turn the I gotta turn the phone off. It's going to die" Stiles was whispering, why was he whispering?

"Wait, wait, wait. What else is there? What do you see?" I asked. There was no sounds for a second apart from Stiles' breathing. I felt like my breathing had stopped, everything was tight and I could barely move. All I could think about was helping Stiles.

"The phone's dying. I can't talk. I have to go" Stiles began really whispering.

"Please Stiles, why are you whispering?" I whimpered, tears dripping from my eyes. My heart was breaking I can't lose him.

"Because I think there's someone in here with me"

---

I'd been stuck on Agent McCall duty, which has lead me to the back of a squad car.

My phone started ringing, I fumbled with it, looking at it. Stiles?

It's only Jeremy.

"Hey Jer-bear" I answered the phone, Melissa looked back to me and squinted a little.

"Hey, Clara. Listen when do you think could be the soonest you could get to Mystic Falls?" He asked, croaking like he'd been crying.

"Mystic Falls? Maybe like a week why?" I asked. Jeremy sighed.

"It's Alaric. We're losing him, Clara" Jeremy stopped. My night just gets even better. I held my breath, Alaric was the closest thing I had to a father, he was amazing and caring and great. But ever since the Gilbert ring fucked with his mind he hasn't been the same. Last I heard he was locked up.

"Okay. I'll be there in about a week. I just need to find a way to get to Virginia Jeremy I'll be there" I rushed over the phone. Jeremy sighed.

"Are you okay?" Jeremy asked. I chuckled a little, wiping a way a few tears that I didn't realise I had shed.

"I feel like I'm going crazy, i'm totally paranoid all the time and i'm losing everyone, Jeremy" I cried a little, my voice cracking.

"We're here" Agent McCall stopped the car at the woods?

"I have to go Jeremy. I love you" I said.

"I love you too but hey, Clara..." Jeremy trailed off as I got out the car.

"You'll be okay. We all will be. We can't live like this forever right?" Jeremy asked. I was unsure of the answer, I may not even live long enough to escape this.

"Right"
—-
Hey!! I have another story in my drafts called 'She Wolf' that I'd love to share. I'll leave the the description here and yall can decide if you're interested? I'd love to hear back.
Thank you for reading!! Xx

~ you're ripped at every edge but you're a masterpiece and now you're tearing through the pages and the ink~

Shae Ortega.
Beautiful, smart, strong girl. Her life has mainly revolved around her 2 best friends, Scott and Stiles. But when Stiles drags Scott and Shae into the woods in the middle of the night to fuel his borderline insane curiosity, Shae finds herself described with another word.
Werewolf.
Along with Scott, she has to learn to control blood lust, animal instincts and most of all her emotions. And her emotions have sky rocketed and she finds herself falling deeper and deeper in love with her best friend.