Chapter 31

"I don't think i'm ever going to sleep again" I laughed on the phone to Alaric. It seemed some creepy witch original woman has had her eye on him for some sort of experiment - and I was just tering up imagining him dying but I knew it was inevitable.

"So about this drill maniac - I heard from Damon you had a thing for him?" Alaric chuckled with a slight cough. My face dropped a little, I looked to my right to see Scott. He was driving my car as we made our way to see the Nogitsune.

"Well Damon has a big mouth" I try to change the subject and turn to face out the window. I didn't want to spend possibly the last conversation I'll ever have with Alaric talking about my dramatic love life.

"So what makes him so special?" Alaric asked, he was like my cool uncle that was more like a dad to me than my dad was but that's probably because me dad's dead.

"He came into my life at a time when I needed someone and I fell for him instantly" I said, sniffling away a tear as I heard Alaric cough and laugh a bit.

"That's exactly what Elena said about Stefan" Alaric said. I rolled my eyes.

"And we all know how that turned out" Stefan became a ripper, had to turn off his humanity and go through excruciating pain. Plus one time Elena made him take me for ice cream because I was annoying her.

"But you aren't your sister, Clara" Alaric said, that really struck a chord. My whole life I had been compared to my sister, but not with Stiles, not with this pack.

"You have you're own fire, or whatever Katherine wants to call it" Alaric said. The line cut a little.

"I have to go, Clara. I'll talk to you later" Alaric hung up. I took the phone from my ear, I felt bad, I was certain that was the last time i'd ever talk to him.

"Yeah. Later"

-------

"Stop it!" I yelled as I walked into the room, to see Allison screaming at her dad, who had his gun poinyed at Stiles, and Papa Stilinski who had his gun pointed at Chris.

"This is exactly what he wants" Allison said, Stiles raised his eyebrow and smirked a little.

"Not exactly. I was kind of hoping Scott would be here" He looked towards me and I just glared.

"He got delayed" I spat, walking forward a little to stand with Allison. Allison looked terrified of the Nogitsune, but she wouldn't let her dad know. As soon as he turned his back she was scared, not because he didn't want her to be scared but more because she didn't want a weakness. She wanted to be strong for her dad. After all from what I heard he's lost a lot coming into Beacon Hills.

"I'm glad you all have your guns out" Stiles turned around. "But you're not here to kill me"

Out of the darkness came even greater darkness. The Oni. I hated them with a passion, but I wasn't sure why.

"You're here to protect me"

He walked back behind us, Argent tried to fire his gun but just threw it to the side, picking up a new one as him and Stilinski shot the Oni. Derek, Allison and I stood on the other side of Stiles, to face the other Oni. Allison drew out a blade as Derek flashed his eyes. I however just stood there, my Katherine Pierce expression on my face.

But before anything could happen, as they ran at us they just...vanished. Into thin air.

--

I'm always the last person to these goddamn pack meetings or some shit, literally as soon as I showed up Aiden left, barging past me as he ran to his bike.

I huffed, making my way inside to see Stiles, duct tape over his mouth, yet a smirk was still evident. He looked at me as I walked in, actually it was more like he was checking me out. Disgusting.

I gagged, walking over to Melissa who was preparing bandages and things.

"I get he's a demon but does he have to be such a creep?" I rolled my eyes and leant on the cabinet. Melissa laughed a little, I hadn't heard anybody laugh in a while.

"What if Stiles doesn't make it?" I asked, out of the blue. The Nogitsune looked up at me with a knowing smirk, Melissa looked at me with pity.

"He will, Clara. We'll find a way to save him" Melissa said, briefly looking at me. But I was focused on the Nogitsune. He looked so deviant but I could still see Stiles, fragile Stiles, waiting him out.

I sat, watching the Nogitsune stare at me as I stared back. It must've been a while because the only thing to break me out of my trance was the doorbell. I looked towards the door then back to the Nogitsune who just shrugged.

I glared, walking up to the door and seeing Peter Hale.

"Nope" I shook my head, going to close the door when Scott stopped me and looked at Peter, as Peter looked back menacingly.

"You didn't" I said to Scott, who just ignored me in his intense stare off.

---

Things have taken a turn for the worst, because I was somehow roped into going into Stiles' head to bring him back out. Which involved claws in the back of my neck.

I sat next to the Nogitsune, Scott's claws brushing my neck, making me increasingly nervous.

"So what do we do if we find him?" Scott asked, I wasn't very confident with this plan. I didn't trust Peter straight up though. Why should I?

"You're gonna have to guide him out somehow. Try to give him back control of his mind, his body" Peter walked away from Scott and over to me. Somehow?! Somehow doesn't sound or feel very reassuring.

"Could you elaborate on the somehow? It's not feeling very specific at the moment" I asked, glaring at him although he couldn't see me. He lined Scott's claws up on the back off my neck.

"Improvise" Peter shrugged. Thanks a freaking million, Peter.

"What if this is just another trick?" Scott asked the people in front of us, which wasn't exactly an audience.

"When are you people going to start trusting me?" Peter blurted out. I don't think he knows when it's actually appropriate for him to speak, because now wasn't one of those times.

"I meant him" Scott nodded towards the Nogitsune who just smirked at me, winking a little. I need to sanitize my eyeballs.

"Oh" Peter backed off a little.

"Scott, we're running out of time" Deaton chimed in. Pressure doesn't help anybody here.

There went the pain.