Chapter 34

"What are you doing?" Papa Stilinski asked, taking off my ear protectors as he took the handgun from me.

"Well, you see. My best friend died and I don't feel particularly great about that so I'm just gonna shoot things until someone worth shooting makes an appearance" I said, keeping my eyes on the target in front of me. I picked up the gun and shot the fake man straight through the centre of his head. Stilinski took the gun again, laying it down.

"It wasn't your fault" he said. I turned to face him, tears welled in my eyes.

"No. But it should of been me" I whispered. He looked taken a back by that statement. I picked up the gun shooting the fake man again.

"After everything I've done" I fired the gun.
"I've killed people" gun fire.

"I've hurt the people I loved" gun fire.

"I've made mistake after mistake and the only punishment I get is other people dying" I fire the gun one last time before throwing it to the ground.

"Allison was innocent - she was innocent she didn't deserve this. She shouldn't of died" I cried out. Papa Stilinski gave me a soft look before pulling me in for a hug. He was definitely kind to me and he cared. He was on the way to be one of my father figures. But i didn't want that. They all die.

I looked behind him to see the Oni rise in the front of the station.

"Sheriff!" Deputy Parrish called out. I grabbed the gun and followed him out.
After tireless fighting and Oni had grabbed me, before disappearing but taking me with them.

We reappeared on some snow, the blood soaking through my clothes dripping onto the snow.

I looked up and saw the pack, I jumped to my feet and joined them. I wanted to help.

I had a slash across my stomach, and one down my leg. It wasn't something a few stitches could fix.

"What the hell is this! Where are we?" Scott demanded.

"Between life and death" the Nogitsune said, it's teeth black, bandages rotten and aura just...disgusting.

"Bardo" Lydia whispered. That's what Kira said all those weeks ago. Months actually.

"But there are no peaceful deities here, Lydia" the Nogitsune taunted.

"You're dying, Stiles. And now everyone you care about is dying, too" The Nogitsune said.

"What? What do you mean?" Stiles put an arm around my waist, as if to check if I was okay. I winced at the contact, giving him the answer.

"I've captured almost all of the territories on the board, Stiles. The hospital. The sheriff's station. And now the animal clinic" The Nogitsune seemed to have everything falling in line for him. He had the power from the Oni and his own power and now he had fear.

"Do you know the ritual of seppuku, Stiles?" The Nogitsune questioned.

"No, and I don't want to" Stiles said. After all of this he still had a bit of humour left in him.

"When a samurai disembowels himself with his own sword to maintain his honor, but that's not the cut that kills him. The killing stroke is made by his kaishakunin, who beheads the samurai with his own katana. Scott... Scott is your kaishakunin. I'm going to make your best friend kill you, Stiles. And you're going to let him. Because just like you, they're all going to die. Everyone touched by an Oni's blade. Unless Scott kills you first" The Nogitsune went on this massive speech, getting up in Stiles' face and quite close to mine.

"Why? Why are you doing this?" Stiles asked.

"To win the game"
---
We fought them to the best of our abilities. But now it was Kira and I back to back, weapon less as Scott defended himself. And he wasn't doing too well. I turned to check on Stiles to see him holding a blade to his stomach.

"Stiles no!" Scott exclaimed.

"Don't do this!" I exclaimed.

"Stiles dont" Scott begged.

"What if it saves you? What if it save all of you?" Stiles said.

"What if it's just another trick?" I shouted to him, keeping my eye on the Oni facing me. Any second now I could die, I could be stabbed like Allison. I should've been stabbed instead of Allison.

"No more tricks, Clara" The Nogitsune said. Oh well that's reassuring.

"End it, Scott. Let your friend fall on his own sword. Do for him what he cannot do for himself. Do it, Scott. Be his kaishakunin. Give up the game" The Nogitsune said as Stiles held the blade closer to him.

"You have no moves left" at that Stiles seemed to see something, his eyes looking elsewhere.

"I do. A divine move"

"Stop fighting them. It's an illusion. You have to stop fighting them. It looks real and it feels real, but Scott, you gotta trust me, it's an illusion" Stiles said, Lydia held him up but was struggling to do so. An illusion. None of it is real. I nodded to Scott. We all band together and walked through the line of Oni's. I was slashed across the back but the pain subside when we pushed through the door.

I looked to Stiles to see Lydia struggling to hold him. I rushed over and took over for her, he clung to me and I clung to him.

"You're hurt" He whispered in my ear.
"So is your dad, let's focus on that" I replied. It was sweet when he worried about me but I didn't want him throwing his own survival out the window for mine.

"We're okay" Scott sighed in disbelief
Out of nowhere Scott was thrown against the lockers, Lydia struck over the head and Kira knocked out.

The Nogitsune Stiles stood proudly over our unconscious friends.

"This was my game" he said in a bitter tone. What a sore loser.
"Think you can beat me at my game?"

"Divine Move!? Divine move. You think you have any moves at all? You can kill the Oni but me? Me? I'm 1000 years old. YOU CANT KILL ME" He stomped towards Stiles and I as we stumbled back in fear. The nogitsunes threats where scary, but not anymore.

"But we can change you" I piped up. The Nogitsune looked to me in shock and disgust.

"You forgot about the scroll" Stiles added.

"The Shugendo scroll" I smirked.

"Change the host" The Nogitsune realised his imminent death, I could already see him trying to find a way out of it.

"Can't be a wolf and a fox" Stiles adds with a smirk of his own.
Scott hand planted on his shoulder, raising the Nogitsunes arm and biting into it.

He screamed out in pain, Scott detached himself and Kira stuck her sword through him. I have to say I'm pretty impressed.

The Nogitsune fell to his knees as the lights began to flicker.
A fly came out of the body. That must be the spirit. I looked up to see Isaac catch it in the box.

The plan was working. We won.
The body began to twist and turn its self, shaking and finally stopping.
The skin began to crack and he fell forward.
Turning to dust.
My cuts began to heal. But Stiles went crashing to the ground.

"Oh my god" Scott, Kira,Lydia, Isaac and I rushed to his side. I felt his pulse, still steady. In fact I think he's going to get better. But he did just faint. I giggled a little, looking up at the 4 in front of me.

"I think he fainted" I giggled. Everyone else broke it into smiled Stiles was okay.
But Stiles wasn't the only one we fought this one for. Because even Stiles fought for someone else the past day.
This was for Aiden.

This was for Allison.

————
Chapter 34! Wow!
I'm sad to say that the next chapter will be the last chapter of Paths.
However, not sad at all to tell you all that there will be a sequel releasing a week after chapter 35! (Fast I know but I'm eager)
It will be following on from season 4 of Teen Wolf and merging in to The Vampire Diaries. It'a called Directions and will centre around a pretty big change in Clara's life. Hope you enjoy ;)