Chapter 2: Dhampir

A week had passed since Todd had came over that night. It was fall break so she had not seen him since. Jackie was still keeping a front up trying to hide her feelings. However, those feelings of love and butterflies everytime she seen him. They were driving her crazy. She just wanted to be close to him and feel his kiss. His embrace. She was going to go bonkers and she knew it.

        The first day back in school I seen Todd by the lockers getting his books out as his hair blew under the air conditioner above him and his tight fisque phased me as butterflies began to form in her stomach. I slightly began to walk quickly towards him as I finally hit the lockers and turned to Todd at the lockers as I opened my locker as well. Due to his was right beside mine. So I slowly walked beside him and said “Hey.” As I held in a quiet happy squeal. Like I was a little girl again.

       “Hey there Jackie,” he said happily. "Did you have a good fall break?"

       "Yes," I said nodding. As she thought 'I did miss you like crazy though'.

        She was trying to calm down all her feelings that seemed to of wanted to explode. However she only knew of one way that could happen and that was she needed to tell him the truth.'Maybe he will be happy about it' she thought. Then decided she needed to tell him straight up how she felt.She just took a deep breath and said, “I have something to tell you." Jackie said but as the words came out she decided that it was a mistake and to not say anything.

       He waited a second and asked, "What is it?"

       "Nevermind. It was nothing," I said as I closed my locker and started heading off.

        He grabbed my arm and pulled me back. While turning me around to look at him. He looked me in the eyes and knew something was okay. "Tell me Jackie," he said in a slight desperate voice.

         "Okay" I said. "I need the truth to come out anyways for it’s burning me alive,” I said while literally spiting out the words.

         “Okay well lets hear it then,” he said waiting for me to respond.

          I stepped back a little, as he released his grip on my arm, and looked at him. “I’m just going to say it," I said as he nodded.  "Todd…I’m falling in love with you,” Jackie said with a sigh of relief. She was happy it was out in the open.

         “What?” asked Todd said astonished.

          “I said I’m in love with you. I know your my best friend but lately I’ve been longing to be more than that with you though,” Jackie said admitting her feelings finally to him.

          “Well, Jackie that is really sweet of you to think that of me but we can’t be together,” he sadly said. Then he closed his locker and started to go but Jackie grabbed his arm like he done her.

         I stared at him in the face and scolded, “Not so fast. Can you at least tell me why?” For the rejection certainly hurt like a knife.

        He looked sad as he looked into my eyes, “I wish I could. I have wanted to tell you for years but I just can’t.”

        “Listen to me Todd. You better tell me the reason or I won’t speak to you ever," I said with just a little touch of threatning thinking that would make him tell me. While adding, "Plus are friendship will be over for we don’t supposed to keep secrets from each other,” Jackie said angrily.

        “What about you? You kept your feelings to me a secret.”

        “That’s because I was afraid of the outcome. This outcome! That you would shoot me down because I wasn’t good enough or something but I actually don’t even know the reason. What a crappy relationship this is Todd. This friendship it’s over.” Jackie started to storm off and then a second later Todd pulled her to him closely and tried to give her a hug.