Chapter 9: Fight For My Life

As the car stopped a person got out and walking into the view of the headlights.  A pale, masculine figure with a painful look scrawled on his face full of anger. I wanted to scream his name but I didn’t know if Jasper figured out who it was yet. I wasn’t going to spoil the only thing that can save me. As the pale figure kept walking fast towards us.

     Jasper let out a laugh, “Do you really think you can save her,” he said stroking my check in a likely manner. I guess to annoy him.

    “Don’t touch her,” Todd hissed. “You better not hurt any part of her. Not even a hair on her head.

     “And so little dhampir what are you going to do about it?” Jasper said out of spite.

    I looked up at him and then at Todd with a pleaded look on my face. “Todd, please don’t get yourself hurt. Just go and forget this ever happened…”

     “Even your life? Jackie he will kill you the first second he gets a chance. He’s a full-fledged vampire. He doesn’t even have a soul to care for you.” Todd said sternly.

     I was about to cry as a tear ran down my cheek. “Awe honey don’t cry the pain will be over soon.” He said with a wicked smile. I don’t know what I seen in him. I tried to get out of his grasp again but he held on tight. “Do you think I’m going to let you go?”

“Yes Jasper, let her go and leave this town as fast as you can. I warn you.” Todd said and in that second fangs started growing right before my eyes as he was standing only a few feet away from us.

“Ha-ha so you think your all big and tough aye? Well if you think you can; come and get her,” Jasper said holding her like a sacrificial lamb in his arms.

Todd ran over to him and showed his teeth as he tried to grab Jackie out of his arms. “You’re not strong enough my dhampir friend.”

“I may not be stronger but I am smarter,” he said as he took his fist and rammed his fist into his nose and up into his skull making the bone breaks into his brain. As blood started draining down his face he held his head as Todd grabbed Jackie and both ran to the car. However, when they both got there Jasper was already at the driver’s door. With only a little visual of what happened to him like 10 seconds ago. Vampires must heal fast. I wonder about dhampirs…I hope. Jackie thought. As Japer pulled Todd to him and threw him over the car. He grabbed me and started again leaning into my neck as Todd got up on the hood and jumped unexpectantly unto Jasper.

“Do you want to die to? You maybe half vampire but you are human too. Your blood doesn’t smell that bad but not as delectable as Jackie’s over her,” Jasper said grabbing her to his side.

“Let her go! Kill me instead.”

“You must not know vampires when their thirsty they need blood and well look around there’s no one else and school would be too obvious and people would see. I need to drink and well Jackie is first unless you want to be if you keep this up my stupid friend.” Jasper said.

Todd silenced and then thought through everything his dad told him about vampires in the short time he was around him. Thinking fast as time was ticking and he knew it.

“Will you be quiet as I eat my first meal?” Jasper said politely. “Since your one of us I may let you live for it’s not like you can tattle tale without revealing yourself. Plus no one would believe you.”

“I would!” A voice came from behind us as surprisingly my mother was getting out of the car. While Jasper was distracted Todd jumped on Jasper and ripped at his neck exposing his internal veins and arteries.

Jasper let out a scream as Todd then took his sharp teeth and dug it into his body all over tearing skin off and even parts of his organs. When he was done thinking it will kill him Jasper limply got up and said, “You’re going to pay for that.” He got up and started towards Todd and held his hands out and next thing we knew he dropped dead. We looked back to my mom and seen she had wooden staked him into the heart.

“He’s dead now,” my mother said with relief and as she said that his body started to turn to ashes and absorbed into the ground.

“Looks like he’s going downwards to hell. Where he belongs,” I said with a sigh as I responded to the event and then I ran into my hero's, Todd’s, arms.

“Thank you! Thank You! Thank You!” I kept repeated.

Laughing Todd said, “I get it and anything for you Jackie. You’re practically my sister anyways.” He said with a smile.

“I love you brother,” she said punching him in the arm as he winced. “Wimp.” I said laughing.

He tackled me with little force to the ground and said, “I love you too sis. Always have and always will.”

Our mom yelled, “Come on you two. Let’s get out of here. It’s spooky,” she said as she had a chill.

“Okay mom,” I said as she got up and brushed off the dirt on my clothes. “May I ride home with Todd?”

Mom looked at me and answered, “Yeah sure. Just be home before 1am. Have a great Friday night. Preferably try to erase all memories of this night.”

“Well mom I don’t want to because Todd is my hero and I know now who will always be there for me,” I smiled a little as I said that and hugged him again tightly.

“I have to thank you Todd for saving my daughter and for contacting me,” As mom got in the car and waved saying, “See you later Jackie. Curfew is at 1am remember?!”

“I remember,” I said as she started off and drove off into the darkness as I then turned to Todd.

“Want to go have some fun after all this?” Todd asked.

I answered quickly, “Yes please,” I said as we both got into the car and drove off.