Chapter 7: Real Him

The next few days pasted quicky and it was now Wednesday and with each and every single day I seem to get closer and closer to my new friend Jasper. I have been talking to him everyday in science and then yesterday he started having lunch with her instead of her eating alone since Todd still hasn't been around. He kind of replaced Todd’s spot in her life at the moment. She needed someone and Jasper was the only person who made himself available to be that someone.

            “Hey Jasper,” I said as I entered into the science class and instantly headed towards our table in the back.

            “Hey beautiful,” he replied. As the light streamed from the window onto him and became a perfect spotlight. The light hit across his light pale sculpted face and into his blue eyes that seemed to of shined like the sea.

          I blushed and the thoughts in my head of how handsome this guy was. He could be a model for all I know. He seemed to be flawless. I smiled at him as I sat down in the empty chair next to Jasper. As Jasper now put the bookmark down in book he was readingand closed it. I leaned towards me and whispered into his ear, “How can you get so much hotter by every day?,” jokingly. However, I knew the truth within my own words. He was actually kind of gorgeous to be technical about it. Plus, he seemed to of became the guy she was falling for.

            He chuckled at my comment, “I think that is bias on your part my friend.” I shrugged my shoulders.

           “Hmm maybe…maybe not,” I said without completely telling him how I feel so I left him on a string and then started laughing at how cool I had been this morning.

          He looked at me raising an eyebrow, “Well since you did mention it," He said as I looked to him questionably.  "I thought maybe you and me can go out Friday night?” He said with a large smile as he waited for my response.

          I started thinking of a response. My mind kept tugging me back and forth. Should I? Should I not? How about Todd? Then I looked at him and I started to get lost into his deep blue eyes, “Yes,” I blurted out. I guess it can't be wrong if it felt so right? It was the only right answer there seemed to be. As I pondered on my decision knowing I made the right decision and anyways it would be stupid to ask him to take back my answer.

           “Wonderful,” he said with a chippier voice, “it’s a date then.”

            A Date? Well I didn’t know how to exactly answered so I just gulped and nodded to him with a smile. Right then our science teacher turned down the lights and started another science guy movie. Instead of talking through the movie like last time we was silent. I didn't know whether he was watching it or zoned out like rest of the class was. However, I didn't really care as I looked up and noticed Todd. I squinted so I could see him a little better and noticed also he was deep in thought himself. Todd though never watched these movies either they were boring to him. Obviously I would believe to a person who can watch a rated 'R' scary movie and not even phase him. This must be like a grownup watching a children's show.

          After the movie ended to much relief the bell rang. I got up out of my chair as I grabbed my orange backpack and walked out the door with Jasper at my side like it had been the past few days. Then,  when I got into the main hallway someone grabbed my arm as I looked back with scolded eyes. Then I realised my anger as I seen it was Todd.

            “Hey Todd!!," I said happily as I turned back to Jasper and told him, "Jasper I will talk to you later.”

          “Okay,” Jasper said nodding as he then gave Todd a weird stare. But I pretended not to of seen it and just nodded as I turned back in a hurry towards Todd.