Chapter 17: I Do

One day I went into the woods after school like normal and there was Paul standing there waiting for me like he always was. However, behind him was Todd also. I curiously thought but then I thought they just all wanted to hang out. So I walked up to Paul and gave him and quick kiss and then gave Todd a hug.

            “So what are you both doing here?” I asked and in that second twilight lights appeared everywhere. Intertwined in the bushes and trees and the look took my breath away. “Wow did you do this,” I asked and they nodded. Todd stayed behind Paul as he came closer to me.

            “Jackie, ever since I met you I fell. I know how weird that sounds for our first meeting was weird but you were so sweet and perfect. Then spending weeks together I started to fall harder and harder for you. I love you Jackie Black with all my heart,” Paul said as he got down on one knee and I gasped. “Jackie, would you do the honor to be my wife?”

            I gasped still in shock and then he brought me back to reality, “Jackie are you going to answer me or am I going to stand on one leg all night until you make up your decision.”

            I laughed as I grabbed in off his knee and into my arms as I said loudly, “Yes, yes I will!” I said jumping into his arms.

            Paul turned around to Todd and he handed Paul the ring and slipped it on my finger. I looked at it mesmerized by its beauty. A ruby red stone surrounded in diamonds. While I was looking down at the ring Paul walked over to Todd and asked, “Will you be my best man?” But before Todd could answer I interrupted.

            “Hey how about you being my maid of honor, best friend,” I said smiling at him.

            Todd replied, “Thanks Jackie for the offer but I believe best man suits me better," as he hugged Paul and then he came and Todd hugged me so tight and said in my ear ‘Just remember though I will always love you and be there no matter what’.” I nodded at his comment as he went over and got some rabbits and deer out and a few sandwiches for Paul. “Here’s your engagement party,” he said laughing.

            “You know what Todd. There would be no better people I would rather be with than you two,” I said that as I pulled them into a group hug and we started to eat. Well Paul ate while I and Todd drank.

            That weekend we decided to have a small wedding. Only my parents and Todd’s parents attended the small ceremony. We had the ceremony out in the forest where we met and Todd made a beautiful arch out of branches and leaves. I walked down the aisle with my father interlocked into my arm as I walked down the small aisle. Then he kissed me when we got to the end and let me go.

            “Who giveth this woman away,” the pastor said as my parents stood up saying, “We do.” I just smiled as I took both our hands into each other and was looking straight into Paul’s eyes and constantly looked at Todd for strength.

            “Do you take this woman to be your wife? For better or worse until death do thee part” the pastor said.

            “I do,” Paul said with a smile.

            The pastor replayed the same words for me, “Do you take this man to be your husband? For better or worse until death do you part?”

            I was quiet for a second until I looked at Todd and instantly strength came over me and I confidently said, “I do.”

            “Well may we have the rings please?” The pastor said as Todd handed them to Paul and both put the golden rings on our ring fingers. Then the pastor said, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. May you kiss the bride,” he said as Paul and I crashed our lips together and kissed for what seemed like an eternity.

            Then we looked up and faced our little audience of people and they all came up and hugged us. I hugged Todd first saying thank you for all he had done and the confidence he gave me. He was my best friend, he was my brother.

            After that when we was alone I said to Paul, “Would you ever believe that a dhampir would marry a regular human.”

            He laughed, “Not really but I guess I am far from normal,” he said as he kissed me and nibbled on my ear. I laughed.

            “I guess this is the beginning of forever then,” I said and he repeated happily.

            “Beginning of forever,” he said as he kissed my lips again and he knocked me onto the floor of the forest and with nobody there he kissed me and moved down my neck and body kissing every inch of me and so on.

            I broke our kiss to look at him and said, “I love you Paul.”

            “I love you too Jackie,” he said with a smile and kissed me passionately.

Then we both lived happily ever after!!