The One With the Truth

I want to thank my fantastic beta Crazy-about-books

Now, on with the show =)

-------------------------------

Chapter 11 The One With the Truth

"I-I...what the he..., h-how did she...?" Ron stuttered when they saw what Fleur had done to his room. "Not the Chudley Cannons!" he practically shrieked when he ran to the poster.

"I guess we now know what to expect." Merlin silently laughed at Ron's expression. "I wonder what she will do to me." He said, suddenly worried.

"Who cares?" Ron cried out. "Look what she has done to my room. Can you fix it? I'm not allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts yet." He said pleadingly to Merlin, while nervously biting his knuckles.

"Can't you just take them down?"

"No." Ron said frustrated as he clawed at the posters. "She has used a permanent sticking charm."

"Okay then." Merlin said and took out his Sidhe-staff-turned-into-a-wand. "What is the counter curse?" He asked Ron while pointing his wand at the Chudley cannon poster.

"I don't know!" Ron said in a high pitched voice. "I thought you knew."

"How am I supposed to know? I haven't gone to Hogwarts." Merlin said and gestured with his hands. He did actually know, but he couldn't say that because it was an advanced spell that not just anyone would know. Especially not someone that supposedly hadn't been taught many wand spells. "Don't you know it?"

"No, we haven't been taught that spell yet. We're supposed to learn it this year."

"Fine." Merlin sighed. "Do you know other spells that might work?" Ron gave him a few spells and he pointed his wand at one of the posters and said "Evanesco" but nothing happened. He then tried another spell. "Finite incantatem" but still nothing happened. So he tried one final obliteration charm but that didn't work either.

"It doesn't work." He said as he turned towards Ron. "Her magic is too powerful for those spells."

"Don't you know some Old Magic spell that might work?" Ron asked hopefully.

"Maybe." Merlin said and gave it a thought. He didn't know a spell per-say, but maybe he could modify another similar spell. "I might know one spell." He said, and then he tucked away his wand and held out his right hand towards one of the walls. His eyes glowed golden when he said his new spell. "Ic i áswæpe" and all the posters on that wall vanished.

"You did it." Ron exclaimed happily.

"Yes, it looks like it." He said equally as enthusiastic as Ron.

"Now can you do the other walls?" Ron asked.

"Oh sure." Merlin said and cast the same spells at the other walls, the roof and the floor. Soon the entire room was spotless except for the Chudley cannons poster. "I can't use the spell at the poster." He said before Ron could ask. "It would remove the whole poster instead of just the spell used on it. I'm sorry but you'll have to wait and see if it disappears by itself after a while." He said with an apologetic shrug. Ron gave a disappointed look back.

"Maybe you should go up to your room and see if she's done anything to you?" he said after a moment of silence.

"Yes, I should definitely do that." Merlin spun around and ran away. "Meet me in the living room later with the chess game." He shouted over his shoulder to a slightly startled Ron, as he ran downstairs.