The One Where Merlin has an Headache

Chapter 29 The One Where Merlin has an Headache

Merlin made his way to his chambers in seconds. He opened the door and startled both Morgana and Aithusa in his haste.

"What happened?" Morgana asked him with worried eyes. She was on her bed, having just laid down.

"I've done something stupid." He grimaced at her.

"What have you done?" Morgana asked with a sigh.

"I think I kissed Hermione..." He answered her without looking at her.

"You think?" Morgana raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I now I did...or rather, she kissed me, but I didn't stop her." He paced in between their beds, biting his fingers in agitation. All the dullness from the mead was now gone.

"Why did she do that?" Morgana sat up with her back against the headboard.

"We had a little too much to drink, I think. And I may have said that I was glad she knew who I was and gave her a kiss on her knuckles." He grimaced at her.

"That doesn't mean you wanted her to kiss you." Morgana said with a neutral voice. "What else did you do?"

"We looked into each other's eyes for some time, and then... and then she just kissed me." He sat down on his bed but kept gnawing on his fingers.

"What did you do after the kiss ended?" Morgana looked at him with a concerned look.

"I kind of ran away." He refused to meet her eyes. "I also might have told her it was a mistake and I that I didn't have feelings for her in that way."

"Merlin, Merlin, Merlin." Morgana shook her head and sighed. "Do you feel anything more than friendship for her?"

"No." He shook his head.

"Then you need to talk it out with her tomorrow, and apologise." She said with a stern look. "You don't want this hanging over you when she leaves for the break in two days." She said with a calm and reassuring voice.

"You're right." He looked up at her. "I will find her before breakfast tomorrow and explain everything." He nodded to himself.

"Good." Morgana said and lay back down. "You should probably tell Ron as well, you don't want him finding out from someone else."

"You're right." Merlin nodded and headed to the bathroom to get changed for the night.

--------------------------------------

Morgana didn't show it to Merlin but when he told her about kissing Hermione, she couldn't help but feel a little jealous. She didn't know why, she had never felt anything for Merlin. She was of course still worried about what would happen if he and Hermione got together, but by Merlin's answers; she didn't think it was something that was about to happen. So why did she have that gnawing feeling in her heart when she thought about it?

'It's because I'm his friend and I don't want him to get hurt.' She tried to convince herself but somehow it didn't feel convincing.

--------------------------------------

"Hermione, I need to talk to you." Harry had waited for Hermione to show up in the dormitory. Ron had already left for breakfast but Harry felt that he needed to talk to her about the kiss as fast as possible.

"Harry!" She sounded surprised and Harry could see by the dark circles under her eyes, that she had had trouble sleeping. "What is it?" She asked when she stood in front of him by the sofa.