The One With the Battle

Chapter 53 The One With the Battle

"How will we get there?" Ron asked. "They will have put up wards all over Hogsmead and I bet Tom has warned them."

"I don't know yet." Merlin rubbed a hand over his face in agitation, having removed the spell so his face was clean shaven again. "We need to come up with a way to get Arthur in as well without taking down the muggle repelling wards." He said and looked out towards the lake where Arthur, Hermione and Harry sat down, the broken cup between them. "But it shouldn't be too hard."

"Can't you transport us directly into Hogwarts?" Ron suggested, also staring at Harry and the others.

"I could," Merlin nodded. "But we only have three cloaks and just changing mine and Hermione's appearances won't help us, we will still be two people who don't belong there." He sighed. "Unless I go alone and scout the area before going back and get you."

"No!" Ron exclaimed so high that the other three heard him. "You can't go in alone, it's too dangerous."

"It might be the only way, Ron." Merlin argued.

"What are you two talking about?" Arthur came up to them with a frown.

"Merlin wants to go to Hogwarts alone." Ron said, not taking his eyes of off Merlin.

"That's stupid," Arthur looked at him like he was an idiot. "You're gonna get yourself killed or captured."

"No," Merlin shook his head and walked up to Arthur. "Taking you four with me will get one of us killed!" He glared at Arthur. "If I go alone, I have a better chance of going undetected and I can find a secure place before getting you."

"Stop being a martyr, Merlin," Arthur was up in his face now, his eyes matching Merlin's glare. "I'm sick and tired of you sacrificing yourself all the time."

"I can't die remember!" Merlin shouted. "So why not put it into use?!"

"No!" Arthur growled. "I forbid it."

"You forbid it?" Merlin took a step back while laughing. "You're not my king any more, Arthur. You can't tell me what to do."

"Oh, I can try." Arthur snarled and closed the distant between them again.

"Oi, stop it you two!" Ron exclaimed and walked in between them to push them apart. "Fighting doesn't help."

"If he wasn't such a clotpole, it wouldn't be a problem." Merlin muttered and sent Arthur a glare.

"Can't you transport into the 'Room of Requirement' or something?" Harry suggested. "You said you were the one who created it, so if anyone can do it, you can."

"Maybe," Merlin said while still looking at Arthur. "It's worth a try."

"Good," Hermione cut in. "So why don't you two apologise to each other so we can have a calm and sensible discussion." Merlin didn't say anything at first, but then he walked up to Arthur again.

"I'm sorry," He said and offered him his arm in a peace gesture. "I promise I will be less of a martyr if you promise not to be a clotpole all the time." He smirked.

"I'm sorry to," Arthur grabbed his arm; he was also sporting a smirk. "I promise I will be less of a prat if you promise not to be an idiot."

"Agreed," Merlin grinned and the trio visibly relaxed afterwards.

In the end, they decided that Merlin would try and transport all of them into the 'Room of Requirement'. They would then split up with the trio going after the Horcrux under the disguise of the cloaks while Merlin and Arthur would go and round up the teachers and prepare for a fight.