The One With Morgana's Introduction

Chapter 22 The One With Morgana's Introduction

Harry hadn't thought about Marcus at all the previous night, not until the next day. He, Hermione and Ron was on their way to eat lunch when they saw him coming through the entrance door, accompanied with the most beautiful woman Harry had ever seen. She looked to be around Marcus' age and she had long black hair and pale skin. She wore a dark red tunic with black leggings and a black cardigan and she had an air about her that would suggest high status.

"Marcus, mate. You're back!" Ron walked over to them and gave Marcus a half hug, half pat.

"Hello Ron." Marcus smiled and returned the half hug, half pat.

"How was Samhain?" Hermione asked when they had caught up to Ron.

"It was...fun." Marcus answered and Harry could hear the small pause he made when he answered and by the looks of it, so did Hermione. "I met an old friend." He said and gestured for the woman to step forward. She had been busy taking in Hogwarts in awe. "This is Morgan. She has the same talents as me. Morgan this is Harry, Hermione and Ron." Recognition seemed to hit her when he said their names and she shook hands with them in turn.

"So your name is Morgan and you have Old Magic? Tough break." Ron said and gave her a look that was supposed to be sympathetic. Morgan raised her eyebrow at Marcus and he gave her a shrug and mouthed 'explain later'.

"She's going to stay here with me for a while so I better show her to my chambers." Marcus held out his arm to her in an old fashioned style and said with a small incline with his head towards her, "Morgan."

"Marcus." She responded with a small curtsy and, was it a smirk? And they walked away towards the stairs.

"See you later, guys. Ron, you should come and visit tomorrow morning." Marcus said over his shoulder and gave Ron a mischievous smile which Ron returned.

"Sure thing, Marcus, see you later." Ron said back and waved. "She seems nice." Ron said when they had disappeared up the stairs.

"Yeah, she does." Harry answered in a little daze.

"I wonder if they're together, with her staying in his chambers and all." Ron said with a grin. "If they are, then well done Marcus."

Hermione didn't say anything. She looked like she had seen a ghost. She took a firm grip on the book she was holding and ran back up the stairs.

"Hermione, where are you going? You're missing lunch." Ron called after her.

"I'm sorry. I need to check something." She called back and then she was gone.

"Well, I don't know about you, but I'm starving." Ron said and headed to the Great Hall, Harry following after.

----------------------------

Merlin led Morgana to his chambers on the second floor. They had stayed true to their truce the night before and hadn't argued once. They had went to a shopping mall and got some new clothes for Morgana and then decided to leave directly for Hogwarts. The only things they had talked about were old and happy memories from Camelot. Like the time Arthur got stuck in his chamber potty and the time when Gwen sewed Morgana's dress on her own sleeve which led to her walking around with Morgana's dress in tow, all the way to the laundry room.

"This is it." Merlin said when they arrived outside the portrait, hiding the door to his chambers.

"Who's that on the portrait?" She asked with a hint of amusement in her voice. "He reminds me of you. You know, when you're Emrys." She finished with a shrug.