Leaving

Maya's POV

"No no no no." I whisper. I stare at the two pink lines confirming my fear. Pregnant. The one time I hook up with my best friends boyfriend. The one time we drink too much. The one time I threw all my values out the window. I never thought this would happen. Never in a million years would I have thought this would happen to me.

I'm brought back to the world when I hear a knock at the door. I run out of the bathroom and hurriedly discard the test on my nightstand. When I open the door my stomach drops.

"Hey, Peaches!" Riley exclaims. She has my favorite ice cream and movie in her hands. "Since you haven't been feeling well I thought we could have a movie day."

"Oh, thanks, Riles." I say giving her a smile.

I can't calm down. I'm so nervous she knows that I don't even realize we've finished the movie until she turns the tv off.

"I love that movie." Riley sighs happily.

"Me too." I say giving her a small smile.

"Well I hope you feel better but I'm going to let you rest. I love you Maya."

"Love you too."

The moment she walks out the door I run upstairs. I fall on my bed face down and cry. My whole body shakes because I know sooner or later I will have to tell my best friend that I slept with her boyfriend and got pregnant. She will hate me when I tell her and I don't know if I can handle that. I hear my mom calling for me. She opens my door.

"What's wrong, baby girl?"

"Mom, I did something bad." I whisper as more tears fall down my face.

"Maya. What's this?" She holds the pregnancy test and her eyes grow wide. "Is this yours?"

"I'm sorry." I whimper before totally breaking down. She holds me close and tells me everything will be okay. I nod but I don't agree.

"Who's the father?" I bite my lip and look down at my hands. "Tell me it's not Lucas Friar." I nod.

"What do I do? She'll hate me if I tell her."

"She won't hate you, Maya. Regardless she will always love you."

"I want to leave." I say.

"Maya-"

"Mom, this will be easier. Just send me to California with Aunt Kristen."

"Maya, aren't you going to tell Lucas. It is his baby too."

"I can't. I can't ruin their relationship. Just let me go." I plead.

"Fine. I'll call Aunt Kristen. Start packing."