Chapter 8. Time Stops.

.Natalia.

"Harry Styles is stealing my boyfriend." Lily pointed out unreasonably. I stared at her in confusion, her bright blue eyes wide open as if she was waiting for an earth-shattering confirmation on my side. This was complete bullshit.

"What?" I replied with a frown. "You took one hour off my sleep schedule to tell me this?"

"It is important... and true."

"Lily!" I rubbed my eyes, thanking God I've had enough sleep for this talk.

"I swear all he does is talk about him, all the damn time; he's like Harry is so funny, Harry is so interesting, and Harry smells so nice... Ugh! Kiss already!"

"You know? I kind of see what he is talking about." I mused with a smirk, taking a grape between my lips.

She shot me a pleading look before staring down at her half eaten salad. "Nata," she murmured without looking at me, obviously dramatizing the whole thing. "Why don't you take this seriously?"

"He is right about Harry, he really is something else. But I think that's it."

"Well I wouldn't know now, I was so unlucky to not get his case."

"It hasn't exactly been a party, you know?" I slowly rationalized, picking at my fruit halfheartedly as I avoided my best friend's gaze. "And I think you're seriously being dramatic, it's only been like two days since he's awake."

"Maybe Brett's gay."

"He is not gay."

"Maybe Harry is."

"Would you stop it?"

"Whatever, I know I'm right." She was now moving her salad around her plate, without looking at me. "Anyway, is he really as nice as everyone's saying?"

"He is a really nice guy, thoughtful, and appealing." I said between bites. "I mean he already knows everyone's names by heart and he is always smiling, despite his situation, so yeah."

"Appealing?" I was done with food, the feeling that in a couple of hours I was going to see Harry again was wiring my senses into overdrive.

"I just can't describe him with another word, it's impossible."

"You're even worse than Brett." She took the first sip of her coke, all while pouting like a three year old. "At least get me an autograph, you wouldn't even know who he is if it wasn't for me."

"I'm not going to ask him for an autograph, he's a patient for fucks sake!"

"You're no fun, Brett said the same thing."

"Because it's inappropriate."

"This is the last time I'm inviting you to lunch." She looked at me in a playful way, already teasing me for the Harry talk. "And if you ask me, you should at least do something reckless for once in your life." Her gaze held mine, true and intent. "I bet you won't even dare to talk to him."

Yes, that wasn't even for question, I was just glad that I got to look at him, and that was it. A flash of anticipation shot through my system.
I couldn't wait for it to be nighttime.

***

I cleared my throat as I walked into the spacious hospital vip room. I stopped short when I saw Harry sitting down in the middle of the comfortable cushions, and Brett sprawled on the arm of the couch, but there was not a trace of his family or his friends around.

He looked absolutely perfect; he was a man that you wanted to reach out and touch even though you knew it would lead to deep, dark sins. The irony was not lost, because he was only wearing the hospital gown, and possibly, nothing else underneath.
I moved my head to see what they were watching but it honestly wasn't that important, I was more immersed in the view in front of me. I liked how his hair was a complete short bedhead mess with tiny little curls marking their own way.