Chapter 9. Different Light.

.Natalia.

My rush to do this quick, was making me a little clumsy with my hands.
I cursed when the towel fell off the counter, and I bent to pick it up, folding it back up and making sure it was within reach of him, along with the clothes he picked out and his expensive products. I hurried and turned on the shower, testing the water until it was at the right temperature.

This was supposed to be my final guard and a quick goodbye, and it sure as hell didn't included the much unexpected shaving and showering session.
I swear I had a permanent hot stain of red on both of my cheeks and all the way down to my neck.

"Everything's ready." I smiled at him for the briefest of seconds before shifting my attention to the way his lips were closing against the last remains of the tea paper cup. He oozed so much confidence from all of his tiny manners that I wanted to record them all and watch them later. "I could call Lori, you know?"

He showed me a knowing grin, and offered me the arm of his unhurt side, soliciting help to get up from the couch.

"If you're uncomfortable with helping me, then yes, by all means call her."

"I'm not uncomfortable."

"You totally are."

He holds his hand out, and I slipped my much smaller one inside, noticing the size difference. He wrapped his soft fingers around it, making me feel a surge of energy flow from his warmth. I flexed my fingers against his, clutching and softly pulling him up, supporting his thin frame to stand up from his position, the hospital gown sliding down from his bare legs.

"Aren't doctors supposed to be aware of the human body?" Now that he was standing, I could see he was quite a bit taller than me, and I liked it.

"I am used to it, alright?" I tried to sound indifferent, but a lot of damage had be done. "I've seen a lot to be fine with it."

"A lot?"

"Well... not a lot..." I realized how wrong that sounded, he smirked down at me, evidently teasing me. "You, you're totally twisting my words."

"I'm only joking."

"Just get in, you're only wasting water." I tried to say it with a straight face, but I felt an inevitable smile making an appearance.

"I would, but I still need help."

"What more do you need? Someone to rub the shampoo on you?" I rolled my eyes at him for him to see, but this only made him laugh harder.

"I see that you've given it a little thought... but no, I meant for you to untie this thing off." His fingers were pulling at the gown away from him, like a childlike manner, but I was still embarrassed from his words. "Particularly the top part."

I was horrified.

Completely and utterly dismayed, because that gesture meant standing behind him to untie the knots and he was probably not wearing underwear. I cursed under my breath and made a choice to untie if from where I was standing, which meant not looking at his bum. My fingers pulled on the first knot and then I followed the edge of the fabric to untie the second and third, but by the time I got to the fourth, I realized in complete an utter humiliation that after pulling the string, my fingers touched on the bare skin of his butt.

"Oh, okay." He mumbled and I just wanted to fucking die.

My friends were going to have a field day with this.

I tried to seem oblivious to the thought of him naked and showering not that far away from me. I used the gown to cover him up as he walked into the shower stall, closing the door behind him. The last part of him, to get in, was the back of his head with complete hair mess.
I returned to the middle of the room feeling a lot like an idiot, giving him space and actually considering the option of running away from this and not coming back. I wished for my phone to be there, just to sober up with anything, to avoid me thinking of everything that's happened to me today.
My lunch with Lily seemed to have happened ages ago and I also wondered how she would manage the situation if she was standing here in my place.