Chapter 10. Shifts Happen.

.Natalia.

I woke suddenly in the middle of the room feeling pleased and strangely happy. I didn't even remember falling asleep, but it must have happened at some point of the night. My eyes were avoiding to be open yet, so I made a little sound like a sigh and nuzzled closer to the source of warmth beneath me, wanting nothing more than to avoid the inevitable sight of the bright light of the day.

Just as I was about to embrace the light snooze of my system, I heard noise coming from the door. I couldn't tell what it was, but before I could move and see for myself what was going on, a lot of things happened at once.

I heard breathing and remembered I wasn't alone in the room, the warm feeling below me rising obviously from the body that didn't belonged to me. My head was resting on something hard, my hand splayed across to clutch whatever it was closer to my body. My right thigh was drawn up and across the space, and I wondered how the hell I've gotten in this position.

Staying focused on the present, I automatically recalled the memory of the midnight talk with Harry, and my body jumped in awareness that if I was clutching a body, then surely it was going to be his. I opened my eyes and my heart instantly began to panic as I let myself use the only senses I've known for as long as I can remember. I took in the fact that I was clinging into his leg like I was depending on it for survival, the smell of him around us, and, most of all, I absorbed the feeling of a heavy stare on me.

Now this was the way to wake up.
Warm, safe, and spooning the shit out of a pop star that still smelled like shampoo.

I looked at him ready to explain whatever the hell was happening, but the sight of his closed eyes just made me press my lips together to stop the laughter that bubbled up inside me.

Even in his sleep, he was really sexy.

Face resting on a side, inky lashes brushing his sculpted cheekbones, pink lips moving with the calmest sound of his breathing pattern. I was being worried about all the tiny details from yesterday, and here I was, sleeping in the most ridiculous position, with the man completely passed out.

I was lucky enough to get out of this one.

"Are we interrupting something?"

The voice and the distinct cough made me jump up with the scary thought of somebody else being here, my legs flying into an unknown direction. I was trying to save myself at the last minute, clinging into the blanket to stop my body from losing balance, but I was already on the edge of the bed, losing every chance I had at coming out of this unharmed, and landing fully on my ass.

I winced in pain as I turned to see Brett and Lori stifling the laughter by looking everywhere but at me.

I was completely fucked.

I frowned, getting even more confused at the scene developing.

"It's not what it looks like," I stated, still trying to work out what they were all in hysterics for.

They didn't answered me back, the both moved to the door and left the room, letting the laughter come out as soon as they were out of Harry's earshot; Brett was bent in half, his hands on his knees as he gasped for breath, and Lori was looking at me as if she'd seen the most juicy piece of gossip in a lifetime.

Realization suddenly washed over me as I looked over at Brett's hand as he was now showing me his phone screen; there was a very offending video of me clutching Harry's leg and making tiny kissing movements with my lips, my eyes shut from sleep.

Just pure awesomeness.
I needed to thank my subconscious for that one.

"Real mature Brett, and I stand by my previous comment, it's not what you think."