Chapter 25. Keep it PG-13.

.Natalia.

I was trying not to fume as I stormed back into my room, remembering with each step I was taking, how we stood there at an impasse, both of us breathing hard in frustration; I was angry at him for making this so difficult, but I could sense he was angry at me for the exact same reason. It was not a surprise that rest of the day passed me by as if I was watching it through someone else's eyes, reviving each second of the conversation and thinking about a hundred and one ways I could've handled this differently.

I didn't bothered to eat with the rest of the family, even though somebody kept knocking at my door. I just stayed in my bed, hurt and angry, barely remembering a time when Harry actually asked me for advice. Now I was wondering if he was really willing to lock everything up for our sake.

Yes, he was protecting us, but who was protecting him?

More than once, I tried to open the door to the hallway, trying to hear if there was a noise happening downstairs, staring at the big door next to mine, but Deciding to stay back every single time, making my choice of ignoring my empty stomach and replacing my hunger with sleep. A lot of sleep.

***

Too early the next morning, I was awake and still fresh from the shower, standing in front of the bathroom mirror. I focused on my own expression, reassuring myself as I met my own haunted gaze. When I felt more in control, I straightened my back and gave myself a confident smile. Even if I didn't feel secure and in control, no one would know.

I staggered downstairs to the kitchen, the homey smell of bread and coffee lingering in the air, making my stomach churn in the most embarrassing noises. Harry's mom was walking around the kitchen drying her hands on a towel, her dark hair was pulled into a high ponytail, and she had a small apron wrapped around her.

"Good morning." I announced to the already crowded kitchen, where Robin was helping Anne with breakfast and Sean was re-filling his coffee cup to take it outside for his usual morning cigarette. I quickly glanced at Anne after the morning greeting, but she was mumbling stuff under her breath, her hands wiping the counter a little harder, and saying something about Harry being hard headed sometimes and Robin not being able to talk sense into him.

Robin was making a funny face at her and then at me, and I couldn't help but smile back at them, watching them interact from afar, fully listening to them and really enjoying this, their company and their kindness. She relaxed, and abandoning her task, made her way to the kitchen table.

"So we're leaving in an hour or so, just after breakfast." She was adding some creamy-looking milk into her tea, her eyes staring at me from across the table. "Do you have everything ready?"

"Ehrm, no." I replied to her, thinking fast of a fast excuse to add to my already made decision. "I'm not going."

She looked at me, her smile fading a little. "But we're going to the city, the one you were dying to go sightseeing."

"I just thought I'd better stay behind, someone needs to take care of the cats."

"Absolutely not, you're coming with us."

"Cats? What cats?" Robin's voice interrupted the conversation. He moved funnily towards Anne, placing a kiss against her temple. "The cats are fine on their own, I swear they even feed themselves." I sighed just by the look of them together; it was a terrible thing to be jealous of people way older than you, it made me feel like a complete loser.

An overfilled tray was placed by Robin's hands on the table. There was a big potbellied teapot, delicious-looking rolls, oh yes, the soft kind of rolls with substantial rich interiors, and some fruit. Beautifully poached eggs on toast, and a good-sized round cute plates of rich butter, marmalade, honey and strawberry jam.