Chapter 21. What's Inside.

.Natalia.

I was beyond excited. I couldn't hide the smile on my face as I watched the rain pouring down on the windows, the driver was moving past a double gate door and a round entrance to a little dead end street in the outskirts of a very cold and book worthy village. No single word was said as we entered the property, there were only the recognizable sounds of the windshield movements and the opening and closing of car doors.
I looked on my side, to find Harry stuffing his pockets with his phone and wallet, taking the handle of the door to get out of the vehicle. I was copying his very moves, thanking Sean as he was getting my door and soon handling the luggage from both of the SUVs.

There was a snap of a latch. The very antique dark front door opened, revealing the silhouette of a blonde haired woman wearing the fluffiest scarf I've ever seen. As she stepped forward I saw that her face was filled with enthusiasm, her eyes so surprised and kind as she engulfed Harry's mom in a tight hug, continuing with Robin.

"She's best friends with mum, she arranged the house for our arrival." The touch of Harry's warm breath against my ear was close for a second, bringing me a little warmth, then he turned to her for a tight hug as well, his long arms holding the tiny woman to himself.

"Oh, sweetheart, I'm so glad you are okay." Her chubby hands filled with jewelry were touching his cheeks and she was almost in tears by the look of it. "You gave us quite a fright."
She politely turned to me then and made her introduction, before leading the way for us inside.

I stood there, like a damn stone sculpture, gasping at the house from the inside, because it was beyond breathtaking; the living room had a tall ceiling, were light spilled through a complete set of square windows, the wooden floors gleamed with a great smelling type of wax that made it smell like candles burning, the whole place was surrounded by homey details like pictures and antiques. I saw a quick glimpse of a very vast kitchen, standing there in a classical area of pots bubbling with something that smelled truly delicious and house warming, surely something that Anne's friend was producing.

It all seemed like a part of a dream, and I was wondering if there was a catch to all of this perfection around me. I stood awkwardly by the door, unsure of what to do as they were entering the obviously familiar place.
I felt like standing behind, when I felt Harry's hand touching my shoulder lightly.

"Come here, let me show you around."

I walked unhurriedly behind him, looking at the back of his black coat as he used his arms and hands to gesture every single bit inside the house, my pulse pumping with every corner and detail, wondering if I'd just won the lottery of vacations; except this weren't vacations, we were hiding from a mad woman, and I didn't really believed in the lottery.

My eyes were following him to a very interesting room, a huge stone fireplace taking all of the center wall and the attention; positioned around it was a mismatched set of richly upholstered antique chairs and sofas in contrasting colors, a lot of cushions and candles. Above the fireplace hung a very picturesque oil painting that looked truly expensive, and some pictures were hanging in the wall next to it, showing not only Harry's family, but some other people as well, including a kid. I smiled through them all, liking how this whole thing felt like.

"This house is lovely, I don't understand how you barely use it, I would ditch all my other houses to be here." I muttered excitedly, stealing a laugh from him as he threw his body on the largest couch. "If I had them, of course."

"I love it, but it's not home for me." He pulled his black boot covered feet on top of the couch arm, crossing them at the ankles and giving me the cutest dimple display. "But we have to work with what we have, right?"