Chapter 34. Midnight Pause.

.Natalia.

Harry touched his lips to mine; real, solid with a tenderness I would have never expected from a man who acted like a kid most of the time. But when he skimmed his lips to the corner of my mouth, moving gently, my mind turned to mush, pureed in the recurrent thought that I was probably dreaming, that I was going to wake up frustrated and that he'd be nowhere to be found. As a natural reaction, I raised my left hand and glided my way to his sweater, then to his hair, barely touching the ends of his soft short strands.

I felt myself fitting right against his chest, actually thinking that the real thing was so much better than my usual daydreams.
No return to reality, this was really happening.

He pressed himself harder against me and us against the car, slicking the tip of his tongue over my lower lip, right at the seam, teasing me a little before finding the way inside, stroking my own; lingering over every surface as if he was savoring every second of the hottest, most passionate kiss he'd ever experienced, the same way I was.

It had been a long time since I'd kissed somebody, but I couldn't remember ever feeling like this. His other arm slid across the lower part of my back and ever so slowly pressed my stomach against him, my hips firmly pressed against the front of him, feeling the downy oversized wool touching my dress, the lapels of my own coat wide open. There was an exciting contrast of body heat and I found myself wanting a lot more.

My entire body was wide awake and excited, my fingers clasping as much as I could get, but that wasn't nearly enough.

Just when I thought I was about to go insane, he stopped. My own sense of being was still floating high in the air as I stared up at him blankly, my eyes half-questioning why he suddenly drew back.

I'd been chilled one minute, and then warm and flushed the next.
He inhaled, a dirty, uneven sound, then shifted, his mouth pressing against the gap of skin where the front of my dress was unbuttoned, sensitive to every one of his warm breaths. I couldn't hear anything but my crazed heartbeat, each pump filling me with adrenaline and a growing awareness of how damn close we were.

I didn't pay attention to much of it as his embrace grew tighter and his breath evened out, his lips breaking into a fit of laughter, bubbling hard against me before looking back at me, his eyes shining with a lot of things.

"What's so funny, you pervert?" I asked him boldly, oddly finding that my voice wasn't as shaky as I was expecting. He lowered his gaze behind us in an exaggerated manner, a sly smile now appearing as he looked down and made me realize that my right leg was hooked right behind his thigh, my boot trapping him there like it acted out with a mind of its own. He only gave me a devilish grin, his eyes twinkling along with the light coming from the street lamps.

I coughed and then pushed him away from me as he kept laughing cockily, the top of his index finger touching the tip of his nose as his mouth broke into an even bigger smile. I disentangled myself from him and moved back to the side of the car, ignoring the unexpected rush of feelings, strangely filling my body; and whether I owed my daring leg to the situation, the intimacy of the night, or the fact that we were ditching the pub gathering, nothing seemed to matter but him. Only him.

"Relax, that was fun." His eyebrows lifted and amusement kindled in his eyes. "Very fun."

There was a beat of silence, with a stiffened smile as I tried to appear dead serious. "Not that I feel any special, you were kissing Sean ten minutes ago."

He dropped his head and met my eyes before throwing his head back to laugh, the laughter so rich and filled with joy that I smiled despite any insecurity. He turned to the car, still smiling, whipping the door open and motioning with his hand for me to get in. "Come on, let's go."