Chapter 19. Sleeping Monster.

.Natalia.

Woke up to the sound of the phone ringing somewhere.
I've never slept so heavily before—almost like I've slept for years, the well-rested sensation of my body drawing a small smile on my face. I stretched my legs under the blankets, the soft cool touch of the satiny sheets doing wonders against my bare legs. For a second, everything was fixed inside my world and the only thing missing was breakfast, the slight grumbling of my stomach being the only reason for me to finally get out of the heavenly bed.

Reluctant to start the day, I flipped the heavy covers off my body, the gray patterned sleepshirt Harry's mom gifted me was ridden all the way up to my hips, and I looked down at my feet; one of my socks was missing and it was probably stranded in the covers. I didn't even bother to look for it, and realized that literally had no other clothes but the ones from the day before.
I looked at the clock and it was almost noon.
What the hell? I completely overslept.

I peeped my head out of the door, looking around the room, to see or hear anything happening outside, but there was nothing. I stepped forward, looking around the common areas but everything was silent and deserted, I knocked on every room and called out for anyone, but my futile attempts let me know I was by myself in here, and that the suite was empty.

After a couple of minutes roaming the place, I found myself walking in circles around the same table where I had dinner with Harry the night before, I was bitting the end of my long sleeve and my eyes were settled on a single placed breakfast service in there, staring at it almost expecting for the food to tell me that indeed, it was mine.

There was a modern wooden tray that held a complete selection of the menu, the china pattern making perfect contrast with the food colors. My left hand was quickly taking the long fork and I started looking around everything, wondering where to start and what to eat first.
I was biting my second piece of the honey covered ricotta pancakes, when the phone started ringing again. The sound was making a familiar echo in me, reminding me of the tone I was hearing from earlier in bed. Somebody really wanted to call here.

Dropping my fork into the plate, I stared at the ringing sound of the demanding caller, deciding that maybe it wasn't a good idea to answer the phone while being in a suite that didn't even belonged to me, so shaking my head I resumed the tiny sips of my unsweetened americano, my left hand feeling a little weak still.
I felt completely famished, eating here and there, whatever my eyes craved, and I was feeling glad that nobody was looking at how I was stuffing my face with the brunch tray, and what was worst, using only the fork and hand because I couldn't handle the knife.
The phone was making that awful noise again, and I reluctantly turned over and blinked at the little flashy green screen of the receiver, I kept chewing what was left in my mouth and answered.

"Hello?" The telephone line crackled with noise, and a shuffling of someone was heard through the auricular. There was no immediate response, and for a moment I wondered if the hotel operator had put the call through to the wrong room.

"Oh thank God, Natalia?"

"Harry?" Yes, it was his voice, he was the insistent caller.

"Are you alright?" His question took me by surprise, and I started to wonder what on earth was making him think otherwise.

"Uh, yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I pressed, clutching the expensive looking phone to my ear. "Were you the one calling earlier?"

"Uh, no, this is my first call." He groaned into the line, and cursed under his breath. "Listen to me, do not answer the phone or door to anyone."

"Is everything okay?"

"Can you just do what I'm asking you to do?" I had the nagging feeling of something being incredibly off with him, his voice was not only persistent, but he sounded, upset? His tone of voice wasn't the one from the night before, and I could practically hear my mind racing to figure it out.