Chapter 18. Breach of Trust.

.Natalia.

I poured out everything about me, without even blinking, I told him all about my mom not being a real mother to me, how I spent the last years of my life pretending that she didn't existed, only to be disappointed once more today, I mentioned briefly the fact that I was now officially off school and that I had no fucking idea what to do with myself.
Every now and then my eyes were shifting from the dim lighted ceiling to this tiny curly hair piece on top of his head. That haircut looked wonderful on him, short on the sides but longer on top which he'd keep combing back with the use of his fingers, creating a beautiful and soft array of brown messiness thing to look at.

After rambling for about forty minutes straight about me, I realized that I was probably boring his ass out, so I just shut my mouth and stayed silently cuddled against a giant cushion from the suede fabric couch we were having our night talk in.

He'd stared at me the whole time, as if there was nothing else for him to do for the rest of the night but hearing me out, his leg folded gently against the couch, the bare knee peeking out of his ripped jeans was grazing lightly the ends of my sock covered toes, and he was only nodding his head, taking every single word that was leaving my mouth.
Goddammit, he was a great listener too.

"Thank you for the trust," Harry commented to my story, his index finger was practically hooked between his lips. "I know I can't help you with your mum ehrm... stuff, but I can definitely offer you a place to stay."

"Oh that's really not why I'm telling you this, so don't-."

"And that's not why I'm offering you a place to stay, so stop." He said and his eyes shifted from seriously listening to me, to a slightly stern gaze, his piercing green eyes a little darker than usual. "I'm happy to do it, I feel like I owe you so much."

"You don't own me a single thing, Harry." I told him wholeheartedly, he needed to know at least that. I was thankful for his offer and for his help. I really was.

"What are you going to miss the most about your hospital uhm, work?"

"Everything, the surgeries mostly, I guess... I don't know what's going to happen to that part of me now." I stammered weakly, thinking about all of the things I was surely going to miss. I mean dang it, I felt kind of lost without it already.

"I know the feeling." His slow drawl of words kept me still in my spot, it was the first time in all day that he was remotely close to confessing something, so a pit of despair settled in my stomach and I couldn't understand it. "A month ago I was dealing with music stuff and avoiding paps, and now I'm here all post-stalker attack and I took you down with me, somehow."

He didn't do it, she did.

"Now that you're talking about this I've been seriously thinking about her." I briefly mentioned, recalling all of those times I wondered about this insane woman and the echoing of her words about Harry. "Maybe she had a rough childhood, maybe she's plain crazy, or she was dropped as a baby, I don't know what it is, but it makes me wonder a lot of things."

"I don't really want to think about her, but I've been also wondering about her real intentions here." He finally said sounding sincere. "Like, what could she possibly want from me?"

"Would you ask her?" My eyes were opening with the realization of my very own question, my mind going a thousand miles per hour with different thoughts at once. "I mean, if you got to see her right now in here, right over that lamp, would you ask her, that?" I used my index finger to point at some random place in the room.
Harry turned his head at the spot and he started shaking his head and his lips were shut tight.