Chapter 7 - Opal Crescent

After mine and Wyatt's lip-dancing rendezvous I didn't stay much longer, as he had much more Alpha work to attend to and refused to let me help - not that I would've known what I was doing anyways. Joshua showed me back to the Alpha's quarters in a timely manner, and I was entirely grateful of him because this massive pack house still had me all turned around.

Fully expecting to have another boring day alone until Wyatt returned, I was delighted to see Olivia waiting for me outside the door when we arrived. Although I'd only met her twice, and very briefly at that, I could tell she was a friendly soul that I would get along with.

"Hana!" she squealed excitedly and pulled me into a hug. I was just thankful someone around here wasn't being so formal with me.

"So I was thinking - hear me out - why don't we go for a run?"

My wolf was already jumping around and yipping at her words. We hadn't shifted or gone for a run in what seemed like forever, and it was easily one of our favorite things to do. My first instinct was to immediately accept Olivia's invite, but then I thought of Wyatt.

"I'd love to Olivia, but I don't think Wyatt would be too happy with that," I told her, looking at her apologetically.

"Forget Wyatt! He needs to quit keeping you so sheltered. Besides, you'll be safe with me, he knows that. I'm the best tracker this pack has! I could smell a rogue from miles away," Olivia told me proudly as she flipped her dirty blonde hair over her shoulder.

I sighed and smiled at the girl, knowing I would be no match for her persistence. She took that as my answer and grabbed my arm as she began running down the staircase. How I didn't stumble and fall as she dragged me down the stairs, I'm not quite sure, but before I knew it we were exiting the pack house and running for the woods. Olivia shifted mid-leap, turning into a rather large wolf with beige fur and the same piercing blue eyes. I followed her lead and shifted to my own wolf, which was a bit smaller than hers, but featured shiny golden fur and my same gray eyes.

After our bones finished cracking into place and we regained our composure, we shook out our fur and began jumping and circling each other, pouncing and playing in the nearby grass before Olivia darted into the woods. My wolf took full control and wasted no time chasing after her, sprinting at full speed and thoroughly enjoying the feel of the wind in our fur.

We came to rest for a moment at a cliff side. I laid down, panting a bit from our run, as I took in my beautiful surroundings. The mountains were the biggest objects I'd ever laid eyes on, and they extended in front of me for as far as the eye could see. The clouds came down, covering some of their tops and creating a blue-hue and smoky effect. It suddenly dawned on me why this was called the Blue Mountain pack. Olivia's wolf approached me and began nudging my paw as she wiggled her tail in the air, obviously ready to play some more. I hopped up and pounced on her, rolling her onto her back. This didn't last long, however, for she was larger and stronger than me and flipped me onto my back quickly. Before I could get back on my paws, Olivia ran back into the woods and zig-zagged in and out of the trees. I followed her lead once more and noticed we were back closer to the pack house now. It stood in the distance, a beautiful fortress among the trees.

Out of nowhere I was tackled roughly and found myself nose-first in the dirt. I shook out my fur a bit, feeling confused as I turned around to examine the situation. I was met with piercing blue eyes that belonged to an enormous wolf with light brown fur that shined brightly in the sun. He growled lowly at me and I noticed Olivia bowing her head out of the corner of my eye. It was Wyatt.  My wolf took over and I too, bowed in submission.

Before I could even lift my head back up, I heard the sound of bones cracking. I then saw that Wyatt had shifted back to his human form and pulled on a pair of pants, leaving his perfectly sculpted chest for my wolf and I to gawk at. My wolf was a bit disappointed that she hadn't gotten to spend more than a moment with Wyatt's wolf, but she knew we were in trouble.