Chapter 31 - Introductions

~Please read the author's note at the end!~

Rhett and I weren't quite sure how to react to Hazel telling us she had a daughter. We were worried, of course. We were already unsure of how Wyatt would react to Hazel and their overall mate situation, so having to inform him that she also had a daughter was truly worrisome.

We decided to take our leave from Elijah's office shortly after meeting Hazel. She had agreed to pack her belongings and meet us in the morning, while Rhett and I took to our room in the guest wing and discussed the day's events. After hours of thought, discussion, a bit of mating, and some dinner, we had finally decided on a strategy.

Rhett, Hazel, and myself would meet with Sofia upon arriving back in Blue Mountain so that she could restore the mate bond between Wyatt and Hazel, as well as diminish the one he and I still shared. Then, we would briefly speak with Wyatt before bringing in Hazel for introductions. We also agreed that we wouldn't mention Hazels' daughter to Wyatt until they had spent an adequate amount of time getting to know each other and forming a relationship.

After much conversation followed by a small dinner, Rhett and I decided to go to bed early so we could fly back to Blue Mountain early in the morning and arrive at an appropriate hour.

Sleep didn't come easy that night. Not only was I in a place that was foreign to me, but it was my first attempt at sleep since I'd awoken from my injuries. I felt as though at the back of my mind, I was afraid to sleep again. I was afraid to go back into the darkness. Rhett was, of course, very supportive and comforting. He rubbed my back and whispered sweetly to me for hours.

Fortunately, exhaustion eventually overpowered the anxiety.

The next morning, we awoke at 5 a.m. and Rhett immediately began packing our bags. He shooed me off, instructing me to go get Hazel and her daughter.

As I made my way down the hallway to find Hazel, I couldn't ignore my nerves. My heart was pounding in my chest as I anticipated being alone with Hazel, Wyatt's other mate, for the first time.

In hope of easing my mind, I decided to make another stop in the pack house before gathering Hazel and her daughter. I knew Lena and Elijah would be awake to see us off, so I decided to take a risk.

I was going to go talk to Lena.

The way she had been acting towards me was still unsettling despite Elijah's explanation and assurances. Not only did I hate the thought of someone thinking badly of me, but I was also a Luna and couldn't deal with such disrespect. I knew Lena had a fiery personality, and forcing a discussion with her could have serious repercussions, but I had to try.

I quickly rounded the corner to the large dining hall, hoping I might be able to catch Lena having an early breakfast. If not, I'd be searching mindlessly through a pack house that I wasn't familiar with.

As I entered the room, my senses were immediately overwhelmed with the smell of maple bacon and freshly made oatmeal. Rows of long tables were laid out in front of me, looking very similar to our own dining hall in Blue Mountain. Sitting at the end of one of the farthest tables was a small young woman with white-blonde hair and a tiny little baby bump.

Lena.

I cautiously made my way across the dining hall, not wanting to draw attention to myself until I was closer to her. Once I was at a proper distance, I cleared my throat.

Lena slowly turned around to face me, her icy blue eyes piercing mine. Her appearance made her look like a fierce, ice queen. She was really the perfect looking Luna for such an environment.