Chapter 24 - A Challenge

The next morning, I awoke in bed with Wyatt as if nothing had ever changed. Although we weren't cuddled up with each other like we would have been before everything with Rhett happened, I laid on my side with Wyatt's arm loosely draped over my waist. I knew we hadn't fallen asleep that way, so he must have made an attempt to get closer to me sometime during the night.

I slowly slid out of bed, allowing Wyatt's arm to drop off of me and bounce on the bed. He groaned as he began to wake up while I went into the bathroom for a nice shower. Today was without a doubt, going to be a rough day.

I went through my normal 'getting ready' routine without too much fuss. After my shower, I dried my hair and curled the ends before doing my makeup. I could hear Wyatt moving around the bedroom; it seemed he was pacing. I was sure he was nervous about today's meeting that I'd forced upon him, but I remained grateful to him for agreeing to it.

I left the bathroom wearing nothing but my towel. I decided I'd get dressed in the bedroom and allow Wyatt to get cleaned up for the day. As I moved to my closet to sort through my dresses, I felt someone staring. Of course, that someone could only be Wyatt, but it disturbed me nonetheless.

I turned around to face him, my eyebrows furrowed, to see him staring at my body with dark eyes. That was when it truly occurred to me that I was only wearing a towel. Wyatt was fighting with his wolf at the sight of me half naked. It'd been a little while since we'd been intimate with each other.

"Hana," Wyatt spoke, his voice sounding strained. He slowly approached me, his eyes darkening with every step.

My heart began to pound in my chest as a thick tension grew in the air. Things may have not been great between us currently, but that didn't change my feelings for him...or my attraction. I felt conflicted, just as I had felt about pretty much everything recently. I bit my bottom lip as the urge to drop my towel and press my naked body against Wyatt became nearly irresistible.

"Um, I'm going to get dressed so you can take a shower," I croaked out. My face was heating up as my heart continued to beat rapidly. There was merely a foot between us now.

Wyatt didn't respond. Instead, he reached out and grabbed me by my hips and pulled me against his chest. I gasped at the sudden closeness. My desire for him was high, but I needed to resist. It wouldn't be fair to Rhett until I'd made a decision.

"I need you," Wyatt growled seductively in my ear. He gently bit my ear lobe before trailing soft kisses down my neck. When he reached my mark, his kisses deepened, causing a moan to slip out of my mouth.

Sparks consumed my entire body as Wyatt worked magic with his lips over his mark upon my neck. Although I'd felt intense passion with Rhett, I'd forgotten how strong my connection was with Wyatt – the man who had marked me. After you're marked by your mate, everything intensifies. The marked and fully mated connection was something that Rhett and I didn't share.

"Wyatt, I can't," I said, my voice quivering on each word.

I felt Wyatt's body tense against mine. I knew my words angered him.

"Did you fuck my brother?" he growled.

I pulled away from him and stared up at him with wide eyes and my mouth agape, "Of course not!" I shrieked.

Wyatt nodded and turned around to go in the bathroom, slamming the door behind him. He was obviously angry, which was expected, but I knew he believed me. If he hadn't, he would have argued.

I let out a frustrated sigh and took several deep breaths in an attempt to persuade my heart to slow down. Once I felt my body begin to calm, I turned my attention back to my selection of dresses in the closet. I forced myself to push Wyatt's anger out of my mind. Surely a shower would do him good.