Chapter 33 - Good Behavior

Much to both mine and Rhett's disappointment, the ceremonies were put on hold. Everyone was instructed to remain in their seats while Rhett and I went to deal with Wyatt. We couldn't risk him breaking lose in an angry frenzy and injuring someone.

Stefan and Farah stayed behind to manage the crowd, despite them not yet being made members of the pack, much less officially being declared as Betas. Now that Rhett was Alpha, the pack respected his authority and instruction. Most everyone had listened to him prior to the day's ceremony, but now he had full power over the pack, including mind-linking capabilities and the infamous Alpha command.

Rhett and I quickly stormed through the hallways, trying to work as quickly and effectively as possible on the situation at hand. Part of me was worried that Wyatt may not listen if Rhett got involved. That was a problem for several reasons, of course, but the only one I was currently focused on was Wyatt's cooperation.

"Let me talk to him first," I asked Rhett as we pushed open the double doors of the infirmary.

"Hana, I am the Alpha of this pack now. He needs to accept it and respect my authority. It's time for his grudges and hurt feelings to be pushed aside," Rhett replied. His voice was stern and full of frustration, but I knew it wasn't because of me.

As we rounded the corner and started down the hallway that led to Wyatt's secured room, I noticed there were double the guards outside. His threats must have really started to get serious.

"Please, Rhett. You can't just go in there and start making commands. It's only going to make matters worse."

Rhett looked over at me as we slowed our pace, nearing Wyatt's room, "I don't want him to hurt you."

"He won't," I assured him with a weak smile.

"If you insist on accompanying me, at least let me do the talking," I added.

Rhett sighed, but nodded. He then gestured for me to open the door, allowing me to enter the room first.

I had expected the room to be a disaster, but as I entered, I was still stunned. Every piece of furniture and equipment in the room was turned over and destroyed. The walls had holes and scratch marks covering every inch. I forced myself to swallow, and then I took a deep breath. Perhaps I should've been more worried about this encounter.

"Wyatt," I said gently. I didn't see him anywhere, which immediately concerned me. My heart was pounding in my chest, anxiety coursing through my veins...had he already shifted?

There was a shuffling from the far side of the room, "What?" a voice growled.

I knew it was Wyatt, but his voice sounded so angry and primal, it made a chill run down my spine.

"We just want to talk. We want to work something out so that everyone will be happy," I told him, forcing my voice to stay calm and steady. I'd say I succeeded, although my knees were wobbling from my nerves.

"You already know my demands," Wyatt growled again as he stepped out from behind the large wardrobe that he'd turned over.

"And like I said, we're willing to work with you if you will work with us," I was feeling slightly better about this encounter now that he had shown himself.

"I know I screwed up. You of all people should know I'm not a perfect mate," Wyatt said, this time without growling. He was beginning to calm down. I knew he trusted me more than anyone else in the pack, and although I planned to use that to my advantage, I wouldn't betray his trust.

I nodded to Wyatt, accepting his admittance as Rhett stood just slightly behind me, managing to behave himself thus far, "We will allow you to attend Hazel's initiation if you're on your best behavior."