Chapter 32 - Alone Time

"Is this real?" Wyatt asked, his voice now much lower. Hazel simply stood next to me, frozen. I could tell she was shocked. She had likely doubted most of what we told her, but she had also never had a true mate. Hazel had never felt the effects of the mate bond before.

"Yes, it's real, Wyatt. This is Hazel, the woman the Moon Goddess originally intended you to be with. Your true mate," I explained.

The surprise on Wyatt's face didn't fade. He continued to stare between Hazel and myself, taking everything in. I'm sure he'd also noticed the similarities we shared, and was likely coming up with a million questions to ask the both of us. Hazel wasn't much easier to read. Her face held the same amount of shock as Wyatt's, but it almost seemed like she was more smitten over this mate bond than Wyatt.

That concerned me, but I expected it.

I knew if Wyatt could put aside all of the emotions, both good and bad, that he held for Rhett and myself, that he would be a wonderful mate to Hazel. He was a strong, loving man who wanted to protect and care for his mate, and I believed that's all Hazel wanted. I also believed that since Wyatt lost his title as Alpha, he wouldn't feel the need to be as controlling.

Then again, Hazel seemed to have a submissive personality – even more so than myself.

"It's wonderful to finally meet you," Hazel spoke up, quietly. I was proud at her bold move. Wyatt's appearance wasn't the best at the moment, and he was clearly tense, both of which I was sure Hazel was able to notice just as easily as I was.

Although, due to the mate bond, she likely didn't care. In fact, she was probably resisting the urge to go to him and make him feel better.

Wyatt cleared his throat, "It's nice to meet you too."

I tried to hide the smile that was slowly growing on my face. Wyatt could've been rude to both Hazel and myself, but he wasn't. I knew reviving their mate bond before they met was the right choice – otherwise, this may have not gone as smoothly.

Their eyes were locked as they stared each other down, taking in every detail. I didn't miss Wyatt glance in my direction before quickly returning his gaze to Hazel. Not only were his emotions likely conflicting, but I was sure he was also studying the similarities between Hazel and myself.

Wyatt took a seat in one of the chairs on the opposite room from his hospital bed and motioned for Hazel to join him. She immediately complied and took a seat in the chair across from him, while I took to the remaining seat, not wanting to leave them alone just yet.

"Where do you come from, Hazel?" Wyatt asked, his voice gruff but slowly clearing. He still held the tone of an Alpha as he subconsciously tried to impress his other mate.

"Polar Moon pack," Hazel told him without hesitation. Her green eyes lit up, pleased that her mate was taking interest in her.

"Elijah is a good Alpha," Wyatt said with a nod.

Wyatt and Hazel continued to chat back and forth for at least half an hour. They slowly got to know one another, or at least as much as they could with Wyatt being under surveillance still. Our hope was that meeting Hazel would persuade him to behave and become an active part of the pack. In fact, Rhett and I truly hoped that Wyatt could put aside his grudges enough that we could involve him in some higher-up work.

Rhett finally mind-linked me, letting me know that Wyatt and Hazel's visitation time was up. We had to make him really want her, and really want to be peaceful with us.

"It's time for dinner," I told Hazel softly.

She turned her head to face me and smiled sadly before nodding and standing from her chair, "I hope to see you again soon, Wyatt."