Chapter 19 - Whiskey

~Please read the Author's Note at the end!~

"Are you crazy?!" I shrieked at Rhett as I stared down at him. "That's a two-floor drop! What if you miss?"

"I wouldn't let you get hurt Hana, you should know that," he assured.

I held my face in my hands and shook my head back in forth. I was panicking. Either I jumped off a balcony and hoped Rhett would catch me, or I stayed and allowed Wyatt to keep me locked up for who knows how long. As the panic overcame me, I began to hyperventilate and cry. I needed to make a decision before Wyatt returned, but I didn't like my options.

"Hana baby, you have to breathe," Rhett said from below. I could tell he was growing more worried by the second. I didn't want to have to run away from Wyatt, but I would go crazy if I was on house arrest. He had the bedroom door locked for Goddess sake!

I began to grow dizzy from the hyperventilation and stumbled backwards into the door. I kept my back pressed against the door for support as I struggled to calm my breathing and heart rate.

"You're going to have to make a decision soon. Either stay with Wyatt and try to deal with that situation, or jump and come back with me," Rhett said calmly, although I could hear the slightest strain in his voice.

I knew he wanted me to come back with him, but the fact that he was still giving me a choice meant the world to me. I love Wyatt, and I felt awful seeing him so broken. I knew he was only doing this because he was hurt and worried about my safety, but that didn't change the fact that the isolation would make me unhappy.

I would go with Rhett. Maybe leaving now that Wyatt knew the truth would finally wake him up. Maybe he would finally realize that keeping me locked away wasn't going to make things better. Just as I approached the railing of the balcony again, preparing to jump down to Rhett, I heard the bedroom door swing open.

I quickly turned around to see Wyatt staring at me from the doorway, his eyes darkening by the second.

"Hana, what are you doing?" he asked, trying to appear calm.

I didn't answer. What was I supposed to say? I'm jumping off your balcony to run away with your brother, again?

"Hana, please step away from the railing. I don't want you to hurt yourself," Wyatt pleaded, his voice loud and cracking. He was trying not to scare me, but he couldn't completely mask his worry and anger.

Rhett stared up at me from below, carefully listening to the events playing out above him.

"You can't keep me locked up, Wyatt! I can't handle that!" I cried to him. I gripped the railing tighter as he slowly made his way across the bedroom.

"Love, this is for your own safety. I don't know what kind of spell my brother and his witch have put you under, but I do know he's fed you nothing but lies. I just have to keep you safe until we figure out how to get this curse off you," Wyatt tried to reason with me. He was now standing in the doorway that led outside onto the balcony.

I gasped at his words and shook my head. "They are not lies, Wyatt! Rhett wouldn't lie to me! I can feel our bond. He's my mate too. I have to give you both a fair chance, and you're making it very hard on me!" I cried loudly. I knew I must look like an insane mess.

Wyatt's patience was thinning. He stormed onto the balcony and hastily reached out towards me, grabbing one of my arms and yanking me away from the railing. I clutched the railing harder with my free hand, desperate to try and fight back despite Wyatt being much larger and stronger than me.