10 - Tuliro

♪♪May biglang kumislap sa mata ko, At nagsumayaw ang mga anghel sa aking likuran ♪♪Nang sinulyapan miminsan naman Ewan ko nga ba bakit nag-iba ♪♪

Puso'y kumaba ng nginitian, kaybilis naman♪♪ (OPM: Tuliro by Celeste Legazpi)

A/N: Thank you, contralto1997once again for the song suggest.  sis maroons89, trying out daily but shorter update.

Engr. Eric was still explaining his answer to Maine's question when Richard returned to his seat.

"That's it. Hope I was able to answer your question, Ms. Maine. You did raise a valid point. Ikaw, Richard, anong tingin mo?"

"Sorry, no comment, hindi ko inabutan yung tanong." was his short reply.

Na-offend ko ba siya?  Maine was doodling on her notebook as she took the implication of his response. She was engrossed in what she's doing and listening at the same time for his voice that she did not notice Ate Kai leaning and taking a peek at what she's writing/doodling.

"Kulang yan! Walang surname."

"Kai, may sinasabi ka?" Ms. Ruby interrupted, there's really no low volume with Ate Kai.

"Ay Ms. Rubuy wala po. Sinasabi ko lang dito kay Maine na kulang yung notes niya of the meeting. Nasa name of the attendees' pa lang po kasi siya. Isang pangalan pa lang po nasusulat niya. Ayun po oh, 2 Richard pa lang po nakasulat, kulang ng surname. Ano po ba mga apelyido n'yo mga ser?"

(A/N: Sino nagsulat dito ng pangalan ni crush sa notebook, itaas ang kamay!)

That got Richard's attention. Sa wakas ay tiningnan niya si Maine at napansin ang pulang-pulang mukha ng dalaga.

"Ay Ms. Kakai sorry, I forgot to give you my card earlier. I'll be the contact person." Eric stood up and gave his business card.

Kakai turned her attention to Richard, an eyebrow raised.

"Wala po akong business card, miss Kakai pero Faulkerson po ang surname ko. Jr. po ako."

"Maka-po ka naman wagas! Ginawa mo na nga akong ate kanina."

"Sorry, pero ganyan po talaga ako sa mga bagong kakilala ko. Kahit po sa mas bata sa akin. Force of habit. Magtanong pa kayo"

Mained dared not look at him and was anticipating anytime soon that he'll blurt out that they're actually acquainted. If the ground would open, she'll gladly jump before she dies of embarrassment. But he did not say antyhing.

"Okay gentlemen, if there's no more questions, we can proceed with the tour of the building. Kai, Maine, I'll take it from here. Thank you for attending the meeting."

Maine released the breath that she didn't realize she was holding. Just a minute more and her ordeal will be over.

Or so she thought. The three were about to go outside when the silence was interrupted.

"Ms. Ruby, WAIT!!!!  PICTURES!" but of course it was Kakai again.

Ms. Ruby turned around. "What pictures?"

"Kailangan po natin ng pictures para sa article. To chronicle the renovation. Mala-Before and After ang dating."

"Oo nga naman. Tama ka Kai. What do you suggest then?"

"Ako pa ba, Ms. Ruby? Alam mo na, beauty and brains, parang tubig at langis lang yan. Sasamahan kayo ni Maine sa tour, siya ang kukuha ng pictures."