29 - This is The Moment

It's a garden wedding. Even if the event is a secret civil wedding, she appreciates that the arrangement is still simple and elegant. There's an aisle lined up with yellow carnations mixed with a few pinks and whites. At the end are two posts topped by a wild boquet of baby pink and white roses with highlights of yellow gerberas on top.

There's only few people present, mostly the clerks of courts assisting the solemnizing officer and of course, Joon-mo who is silently watching from the sidelines. At the other side is Ate Kai who took pains with her appearance tonight, excitedly cheering for her.

And she, Maine, dressed in a simple white off-shoulder gown, her hair arranged in an elegant bun, holding a very simple boquet, started walking down the aisle. This is it. She knows that her father won't be here. Instead, it's Tita Terrie who will walk, not with with her but behind her, and will gave her away to him.

Richard, looking extra handsome and dashing in a simple embroidered Barong Tagalong, stood noble and dignified at the end of the path. His gaze followed her every move and finally capturing her eyes, stayed there as if no one else exists around them, encouraging her, giving strength to her wobbly knees.

So she walks alone, forward, slowly, her steps sure, closer and closer towards the man who's starting to become the center of her universe. She chose to walk alone symbolizing that she's coming to him of her own free will. Drowning in his stare, her smile now turned into a full grin, she didn't notice that she had already reached the end of the aisle. Tita Terrie then stood by her side and Richard kissed her hand. He finally turned and offered his hand to her.

She started to reach out only to see his hands slowly disappear, disintegrating. She looks up in panic and see the same happening with the rest of his body, then his head until he's gone. She run after him, calling out his name.

Maine woke up from her dream, her hearbeat fast, her hands cold.

A/N: Okay people, it's a drill. I repeat, it's a drill. PANAGINIP lang po. Pero, disintegrating talaga?

What kind of dream is that? She knows that tomorrow is her pretend wedding day. What's this, she's having the gitters? Come on!

Pretend wedding. It's a pretend wedding. Something that she had been repeating like a mantra every hour for the past two days. Only in her dream, it was as real as it can get

Bakit gano'n? Kahit ilang beses kong sabihing kunwari lang 'to, bakit ganon ang feelings? Hindi! Overthinking kills, repeat after me, overthinking kills.

She started pacing the room. Or is it because he has not been in touch with her for the past two days? No calls, no text. The only indication that he's still around was when he gave to Tita Terrie the signed documents asked of him early yesterday and today when he acknowledged the receipt of the message, again from Tita Terrie, with the venue and time of the wedding.

Hindi man lang ba kami mag-uusap kung ano plano bukas? Tinotoo niya na business meeting nga at doon na kami magkikita?

A/N: Ms. Maine, itanong po natin sa buwan.

------------------

Wala siyang kamalay-malay na ang lalaking iniisip niya ay hindi magkanda-ugaga sa paglilinis at pagliligpit ng mga nagulo at nasirang gamit sa apartment niya na nagagawa lang niya pag-uwi galing sa office. Hindi niya nagawang magligpit nang dumating siya sa pagod at dahil kinuhanan pa niya ng pictures. 

Kailangan niyang ipakita sa kaibigan niya at hingin ang opinyon nito.

"Amigo, aba hindi na nakakatuwa 'tong nangyayari sa 'yo! Mukhang seryoso sila dito. Ano ba kasi hinahanap nila? Bakit hindi mo pa ibigay? Saka dapat yung ganito, pinapakita at inirereport na sa mga pulis." Isa-isang pinulot ni Tope ang mga nagkalat na piraso ng sirang lampshade na bumagsak.