12 - Banana-Q

♪♪The closer I get to touching you, the closer I get to loving you. Give it time, just a little more, We'll be together....... You and I♪♪  (Closer You and I by Gino Padilla)

A/N: Nawa'y huwag kayong himatayin sa mga magiging ganap sa araw na ito sa EB at DTBY Promo

Maine hasn't talked to her dad for several days. Ever since she saw the crossed out list of the companies. But she's really not the type to hold grudges. So finally, on her 3rd day at work, she joined him for breakfast.

"So how's your first day at work, Maine?"

"It's okay, dad. I'm learning the ropes."

He did not seem to hear her answer, but continued drinking his coffee while reading the newspaper. "I'm leaving for Taiwan for a business trip on Friday. I'll be gone for two weeks. If you want to go with me, I can excuse you from your work. I'm sure they can spare you for 2 weeks."

Is this how it's going to be dad? Ano 'to laro?

"Sorry dad, but not this time. The least I can do is to show up for work because they hired me, and not to be able to go on trips whenever I want just because I'm your daughter."

Tita Terrie made the motion of cheering with pompoms using her spoon and fork.

"What the hell are you doing Teresita?"

"Wala Vicente, este Kuya. Parang gusto ko manood bigla ng cheering competition. Go Nicomaine! Go, go Nicomaine!"

A/N: I kennat! Sorry, Tita Terrie, hindi kita ma-imagine as a cheer leader. It's an abuse of the imagination.

"Fine, Nicomaine, but I'm only letting you stay beind because your aunt is here. You can ask Rogelio to fetch you to and from work. At ikaw naman Teresita, I'm still not in favor of you buying that car. A used car and yellow, of all colors? Hindi ko alam kung ano pumasok sa isip mo."

"Just you wait and see, Kuya. That yellow car will change the history of the Mendoza family. Mark my word. Bukas, luluhod ang mga tala."

"And just what do you mean by that?"

"Kailangan bang may ibig sabihin lahat? Maganda lang pakinggan. Movie line?"

Maine tried to intervene before their exchanges gets worse, which it usually does. "Dad, Manong Rogelio has not had a decent vacation for the past 5 years. Please let him have his vacation even for a week. I can go with Tita for the meantime."

"Have it your way, but I'm warning you. You better behave in my absence. I'm going ahead."

--------------

A/N: Dumako naman po tayo kay Ritsard.

Magbiro ka na daw sa lasing, huwag lang sa bagong gising. Kaya kapag ganitong text ang bubungad sa 'yo:

"Sorry, pare, wala pang bagong post na sasakyan na puwede mong ialok. Naghahanap din ako. Nabenta na kasi yung SUV. Matumal these past few days. Ikaw, baka may alam ka?"

"Friend, hindi kumuha ng insurance yung ni-refer mong bagong officemate. May nauna na daw na agent. Ano ba kasi ginawa mo?"

Siguradong mandadamay ka ng ibang tao.

"Amigo, pre, bro, paramdam ka naman. Kailangan bang padalhan pa kita ng subpoena para magpakita ka?"

"Paramdam."

"Hahaha! Siraulo ka talaga! Dadating si Michael this week galing Singapore. Nagrerequest ng meet-up sa Friday. Hindi na kita tatanungin kung puwede ka. Iko-commit na lang kita."