47 - Reawakened

A/N: Believe me, ang hirap sumulat ng kilig moments pag ang lungkot at sakit nang napanood mo. Saka na po ang mga visuals.

They've been sitting face to face for a few seconds now when Maine realized that Richard is still holding her hand. The spark is still the same. She immediately pulled her hand back which caused the key to drop to the ground. They reached for it at the same time bumping their head/forehead in the process.

"ARAY!"/"Ouch!"

A/N: One untog delivered, in English and Tagalog pa ha! Madali daw po silang kausap. Intay lang po tayo ng 41 days kung tatalab.

"Sorry, nasaktan ka? Saan ka tinamaan?" Holding her shoulder, he leaned closer and raised her chin to inspect her forehead.

Maine became conscious of his nearness as she held on the middle area of her forehead just above her eyes. "I'm fine. Matigas naman daw ulo ko e."

He removed her hand and gently massaged the area which is starting to swell and turn red in color. "Medyo namula e. Cold compress natin? Kukuha ko ng ice."

She held his arm and removed it away from her forehead. "Richard, I'm okay. Malayo sa bituka yan. Breakfast na lang?"

"Breakfast? Sure ka? Naku! hindi pa ko nag-grocery. Ice, water and soda lang ang laman ng bagong ref. Pasok ka na lang. Hanap ako ng breakfast natin. Huwag kang aalis. Feel at home!"

Maine smiled as she watched Richard scrambled up to get out of the gate as fast as he could only to return a minute later.

"Nakalimutan ko yung wallet ko."

Did he just winked at her?

------------------

First breakfast together

Maine was already brewing coffee when RIchard came back carrying different kinds of bread including pandesal. At least he has coffeemaker and microwave oven. Essentials for guys living alone.

"Sorry, ito lang nakita ko diyan sa bakery sa labas ng village." He did not say that he stopped at the first bakery that he saw, because he was in a hurry to get back.

She inspected the contents of the paper bags. "Pinakyaw mo naman yata. These are too much, dadalawa lang tayo. Palaman, bumili ka?"

"Sabi ko na nga ba may nakalimutan ako." Richard got two folding chairs so they can share the breakfast on the counter in the middle of the kitchen.

"Di bale, masarap namang isawsaw yang pandesal sa kape. Let's eat!"

Nakaubos na ng isang pandesal si Maine when she noticed that Richard had stopped eating. He's looking at her with a smile on his face. "O bakit ganyan ka makatingin?"

He shook his head. "Wala, I guess I'm not used to seeing you this way. I remember how prim and proper you were pag kumakain tayo kahit nilagang mais at Banana-Q lang. Ngayon kahit mag-Tagalog, sanay na sanay ka na."

She took a sip of her coffee. "Pakikisama. Things I learned from Tita Terrie and Ate Kai. I have to blend in with my team sa project: karpintero, wallpaper installer, electricians, mason, general labor, messenger, and suppliers. Madalas iba-iba pa dialects nila. Hindi puwede yung arte-arte ko dati. Changes."

Richard looked down and held his cup with both his hands. "Maine?"

"Hmmm?"

He then got one pandesal and tore it to pieces only to drop them back on the plate. "About the Changi airport incident. I hope you don't mind. Okay lang na sagutin mo, okay lang hindi. Walang pilitan."