49-1 .... Grow Fonder?

There Was You is getting a makeover for the book cover courtesy of heartastoria. THANK YOU! Ang Ganda! Oo! Ang Ganda! (ala Jose)

A/N: Sa muling pagpapatuloy ng ating naudlot na kabanata...

It's Monday Afternoon.

Maine went to the veranda of the master's bedroom to make sure no one will listen in. She pressed the Singapore number she found downstairs. Ricardo, sinasabi ko sa 'yo. Pagbabayaran mo 'to pagdating mo.

"Hello, is this Constux office?"

"Yes, good afternoon. How may I help you?"

"Can I speak with Richard Faulkerson, Jr? This is an international call from the Philippines."

May I know who's on the line please?

Bakit ako pinagpapawisan? "This is ... this is... Maine Mendoza... uhm .. a friend .. the interior designer of his house. I can't get hold of him, and I need to ask an urgent question regarding the design of his house."

"Oh yes, Ms. Maine Mendoza! Of course! He left a message for you. Richard said that you might call. It's here somewhere, wait. By the way, have you tried calling his number?"

"Yes, I did. But it cannot be reached."

"Ooh, that must be because he's using his Singapore number. Here, found the message. It's a folded paper in a small envelope. It says here 'I'm off to the airport, will be home soon. Miss you'." ... "Ms. Maine? You want me to repeat the message?"

Maine felt the heat spread across her cheeks. "No, no, thank you."

"Ms. Maine?"

Ay meron pa? "Yes?"

"I hope you don't mind. May I just say that we look forward to seeing you here soon? We're like family in this office. He showed us your picture this morning when he dropped by and I must say that you look good together."

"He did?"

"Yes and your 'friend' is mighty proud of it. We've never seen him this happy. And I think it's you that we have to thank for the different smile that we see on his face."

She stammered at what she heard, too overwhelmed to construct a coherent sentence. "Yes, I hope to meet you all, soon! Have a good day. Thank you."

A/N: Okay, sino maglilibre ng nilagang mais, banana-q, pandesal at Chinese food?

----------------

Maine knows that he's arriving tonight. The question is will she be here when he arrives or will she make him look for her as revenge? She went to mamang's room or what will be the main guest room.

The wallpapers are all ready for hanging. Only the upper half will have them, the bottom will have wood laminates, with the same pattern as the wood panels on the flooring. The walls have been prepped up. She picked the wallpaper pattern herself based on the color scheme that Richard gave. The bed frame will be arriving on Wedneaday together with the dresser.

Her team had already started with the kitchen. The kitchen appliances were modern but he wants country style accents. She scoured the shops that she frequents and found pieces that will blend in with the yellow and blue theme.

All good for a day's work. The call to his office somewhat restored her good mood but she's still annoyed. And she still has energy to spend. Too wired up. And she know the reason behind this is on his way home.