62 - Cavalry

A/N: Raw update po. Pasensiya na at nakatulog.

Several seconds passed. Not one of them is speaking, carrying on with the stare-off, gauging who will give in first. Richard with his sad eyes and Maine with her determined look.

A/N: Ah eh, guys, 30 seconds and counting....

"Alam mo..."

"Puwedeng magsalita sa loob ng 15 mins?"

Maine folder her arms across her chest. "You made the rules for that 15 days of yours, I'm making the rules for the next 15 minutes. Fair enough?"

Richard just nodded admiring her resolve.

"Okay, begin by telling me the details of this calamity. You owe me at least an explanation. Tama ba na sabihing may kinalaman dito si Mr. X?"

He realized that he owes her this munch.

Richard nodded again. "This time, kasama na si Michael. One of my closest friend betrayed me." He proceeded to relay what they learned leaving nothing unsaid most especially his concern for her safety.

Maine kept to her side, controlling her emotions as she listened to her husband bare his fears. Noble idiot. Napanood ko na 'to sa mga KDramas. Nabasa ko na rin, may kasama pang bulaklak ng kalabasa.

"Ganito lang yon. I think you have a bigger problem here." Maine started giving her side but not looking at him for fear that she will cry.

"Alam mo ikaw ang nagturo sa 'kin to fight for what I want tapos ngayon ikaw ang susuko? Hindi ako papayag."

Last stand. "Maine, your life will be in danger if you stay with me."

Maine did what Richard did earlier. She continued in her train of thought as if not hearing his counter argument.

"First, ngayon pa lang sinasabi ko na sagot ko. I will not file. It's up to you but we know how expensive annulment can be e ang kuripot mo pa naman. Also just letting you know that I will make it hard for you because I will not cooperate. Second, he was already the why we got separated before, are you going to let it happen again? E di siya ang nanalo? Sa tingin mo ba kahit matuloy annulment, matatahimik ka kung hindi mo alam kung nasaan ako? O susundan mo lang din ako? At least kung magkasama tayo, kahit itali mo ko sa bewang mo, keri lang, I'll be Tonto to your Lone Ranger, Robin to your Batman, Pepper to your Iron Man..."

Maine did not notice that Richard is already kneeling in front of her. In the middle of the blanket. "Okay na mahal. Nakuha mo na ko sa kumot at 'Ricardo, kanina pa ko napipikon", sorry for forgetting na iisa na tayo at laban na natin 'to pareho. Magulo lang isip ko kanina. Forgive me?"

Unlike the case with Michael, Richard knows when he's defeated at the face of his wife's stubborn stance. Better surrender while he still can.

"Pasalamat ka guwapo ka!" She went to him and embraced him tightly ruffling his hair and wiping his tears. "Alam mo tawag sa ginawa mo? Noble idiocy. Nagpapakabayani pero tanga pa rin. Dami ko nang napanood niyan."

He embraced her back, almost crushing her to him. "E di guwapong tanga!"

A/N: Teka naman, hindi ko yata nakuha sa timer yon.

They stayed this way until they heard the incessant sound of doorbell. "Sino yon?"

Maine stood up to open the door. It turned out to be the cavalry of three. Tita Terrie, Kakai and Tope'.

"I swear, teh. Hindi kami nag-usap usap. Nagkita lang kami diyan sa labas. At promise, cross my heart mamatay man si batman, hindi kami makikialam."