Chapter 7

Liz POV
I placed my lunch tray on the table, satisfied that I managed to get the last slice of pizza.
I giggled happily to myself as I started to dig in without waiting for Quinn, who was still queuing up. I just couldn't resist anymore.

As I was about to put the slice of heaven into my mouth, I saw someone sit in front of me.
I glanced towards the person, about to tell him or her that the seat was already occupied when I saw Sean Handerson sitting there, staring at me. His face held a cocky expression. His elbows on the table with his hand cupping his face, looking at me with my pizza halfway in my mouth.

My hands froze mid-air, the pizza still dangling from my fingers, halfway into my mouth.
I slowly put the slice back down on my plate as I shot him a confused look.

"What are you up to now?"
I didn't even bother hiding the annoyance in my tone. I didn't forget about the sleeping picture of me on the notice board. It caused the entire school to goddamn giggle when I walk past. I even heard someone mutter "drool"
when I walked by. How humiliating.

"I can't sit with my friend? You hurt my feelings, sugar lips."
I almost choked on my imaginary drink.

"Friend?" I started to laugh boisterously with a few snorts thrown in there as the entire canteen turned to face me, shooting me disapproving glares for my ugly laugh.

"You like me, don't you?" I raised an eyebrow and leaned closer to him.
"I think the playboy might be in love with me."
I tried my best to whisper seductively, trying to contain my laughter.

Now it was his turn to choke on an imaginary drink. He moved backwards, putting distance between our faces.
"Where on earth did you get that hypothesis from?"
He shot me his most disbelieving look.

"Maybe because you purposely worked at my grandma's pizzeria just so that you can get close to me? And that kiss?  Wow. Way to win a girl's heart and uhhh... I don't know, maybe like now? You're sitting with me during lunch, claiming we're friends? Just admit that you have a crush so that we both can move on."

He stood there dumbfounded as I started to munch on my pizza, satisfied with how appalled he looks. Trust me. I too almost gagged on that theory.

Just then, Quinn came with her tray of food and sat herself right beside me.
"What's playboy doing here?"
He groaned at the nickname.
"He just professed his undying love for me."
I stated as a matter of factly.
"Oh." Quinn caught on quickly, knowing this was my way of getting him back.
"I guess this calls for a celebration then."
Before Sean could stop her, she started screaming her head off
"WHAT? SEAN HENDERSON LOVES LIZ SUMMERS?"
That sure got the entire cafeteria's attention.
There were bursts of murmurs and laughter coming from them.

Sean's face was priceless as he tried to shout over Quinn's voice.

"NO! NEVER! I DO NOT-" his desperate attempts futile as no one could shout over Quinn.

"WHAT? LIZ SUMMERS REJECTED SEAN HENDERSON?"
That sure caused even more gasps and even a few "Ooos". A guy even walked past us and patted Sean on the back pitifully.

Despite the attention on our table, I still couldn't help but burst out in fits of laughter at Sean's face.If looks could kill, I'd probably be 6 feet under by now. He shot me a glare before stomping out of the cafeteria, leaving Quinn and I laughing uncontrollably.

Liz 1
Sean 0