Chapter 17

Sean POV
I watched her eyes dart around the room. It was obvious that she was feeling awkward.
Her obvious shade of red on her face did little to hide her feelings.

It all happened so fast...
My mind flashed back to moments before
How our faces were just inches apart and so so close
And how much my heart raced at the thought of leaning in...

"Why do we always end up in these kind of positions.....?" I heard her mutter as she rubbed her race in annoyance.

"I dunno. You're the one who jumped on me, so you tell me." I teased, smirking at her.

She shot me a glare before saying
"Pack your damn suitcase. We need to head back.", rolling her eyes at me, before heading out the door.
"I'm gonna walk around, call me once you're done"

I merely chuckled before heading to the closet,
picking out the clothes I would be wearing for the next two weeks.
I pulled out my favourite maroon shirt.
Don't you think its too... plain?
A voice in my head echoed.
Plain? No? Its my favourite!
But you're staying at Liz's House... surely you wanna look good?
I hesitated for a moment before snapping myself out of it.
Why the hell would I care if I look good??
Could... I....?

I shook my head in frustration, clearing my head of those thoughts and just shoving the rest of my clothes into the suitcase.

Liz POV
I wandered the hallways, bored out of my mind. Without notice, I flashed back to the scene with me on top of Sean, lips so close I might as well lose my second kiss.
Arghhhh... only with Sean I have these infuriating annoying ass thoughts
Only with Stupid Sean Henderson....
Arghhhhh

Before I could see it coming, I bumped into a guy walking towards me.
"Shit! You okay?" He asked, tone laced with concern.
He's cute...
"Uhh... uhhh yeah! Its okay, I'm fine!" I stammered, feeling abit nervous in the presence of an attractive person.

He let out a deep chuckle before raising out his hand.
"I'm Jake. Nice to meet you."
"Oh! I'm -"

Before I even had a chance to shake his hand,
I felt myself being tugged backwards by my shirt.
I let out a yelp, struggling to see who was the perpetrator, which surprise surprise! Turned out to be Sean.
"-leaving" he continued for me, before grabbing my hand and speed walking away from Jake.

"What the hell Sean! That guy was cute and you had to go and mess it up!" I pouted like a child.

"Too bad then. He's a big player. Don't fall for him." Sean muttered, letting a small grin appear on his face.

"Why are you smiling?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Huh? Oh nothing. Just don't talk to him." He tried to put on a serious front.

"Whatever Sean." I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to think of a reply.

Before we know it, we arrived back at my grandma's pizzeria.
It was already pretty crowded as it was already lunchtime. Time really flies...

"Hey! I'll head upstairs first to unpack everything." He said, before walking towards the stairs.

I headed to the kitchen, looking for my grandmother while saying hi to the other cooks in the kitchen.

"Grandma! Anything I can help with?"
"Uhhh... yes! We're running low on cheddar cheese, flour, parsley and I keep forgetting to restock the lemons. And get me more chicken. Customers love eating chicken nowadays! Mind going with Sean?"

"Can't I go alone?"
The thought of spending more time with Sean drains my life force.

" There's two many things to carry. Plus, we all know how terrible you are at grocery shopping. You come back with the wrong vegetables and cheese all the time!"

"Fine fine.
I'll just go ask Sean."

"Ask me what?" I heard his voice from behind.

"Liz wants you to go grocery shopping with her." Grandma answered before I could.

"Grandma!" I gasped.

"Is that so Liz?" Sean winked, a smirk playing on his lips once again.

"I can't even..." I muttered while rolling
my eyes as I stalked out of the kitchen, leaving Sean and Grandma in the kitchen.

______________________

"My god Liz! That's not even cheese!" Sean face palmed in horror and amusement.

"It is!" I countered, eager to be right.

"Its not!" Sean pointed to the label on the item.

"Oh its not." I said sheepishly to myself.

He chuckled, obviously glad that he was right.
Ass.

"Well, thats everything." I said, feeling accomplished . Both of us were carrying bags of flour, cheese and lemons.

"Not yet. We still have parsley and chicken to get, you idiot! No wonder Grandma does'nt trust you to go alone.

I rolled my eyes, knowing he was right.
I really was as forgetful as Dory.

We headed to the marketplace, both of us cracking up lame puns and jokes on the way there.

"Whattt?? You've never been to this market before?!" I asked in shock.
"Never had the chance to." He shrugged non-chalently.

"Oh my god! You have to try the food here." I squealed, eager to introduce him the best food his taste buds would ever experience.

"Here! Try this!" I shoved a piece of the fried chicken in his mouth, causing some of the sauce to smear on his lips.

"Mmm!!" He nodded excitedly, clearly finding it delicious.
"One more! one more! " I told the shop owner eagerly.

I ate the chicken, my taste buds exploding from the sweet and sour of that fried chicken.

"Hey, you have something there" Sean said, looking at my face in concentration before raising his hands and using his fingers to wipe my lower lip, staining his finger with the sauce. Time seemed to slow down then. My heart fluttered and pounded wildly in my chest as I looked at him, feeling shy at our close proximity. I felt his fingers swipe gently at my lips, feeling a small shiver down my spine at that moment.

But before I could snap out of that moment,he smeared it on my cheek, bursting out in laughter. In that moment, I was blinded by revenge and before I could even stop myself and actually think about what I was doing,
I forced his face down and crashed my lips on his cheek, trying to get the sauce on my lips on his cheeks too.
It never really occured to me at that moment that I had just kissed his cheek...