Chapter 19

^^^ Ashley Benson is adorable...

Liz POV
School started before I know it. A weekend with Sean drained me of any energy I have to actually learn. That dick ruined grocery shopping even more for me.

I walked to my locker, happy to finally get away from Sean's horrible singing and lame puns on the way here. He's went off to kiss a pretty cheerleader. Thank god.

I entered class and sat down, feeling the weight of my schoolbag leave my tired shoulders. I stretched out my arms before my eyes landed on something on my table.

You're very pretty :)

Written in cursive yet in a way messy handwriting on a yellow post it note.

I raised an eyebrow, curious as to who it may be.

Sean?
The thought of Sean finding me pretty was
Absurd.
Yet in a way, very much flattering.
But still.
Absurd.
And impossible
He wouldn't be caught dead calling me pretty.

I quickly took the post it note and kept it before anyone could see.

It was finally lunch time, after sitting through hours of horrible lessons and teachers droning on and on.

I took my lunch tray and sat down at the table with my friends, laughing and talking about our weekend when I heard someone behind me.

"Hey" I almost jumped in fright as I turned to see who had spoken behind me.
I was immediately met with a pair of striking blue eyes.
Leo?
Realising our faces were pretty close, I tried to lean my head backwards subtly.

"So... did you get my note?" Note?
I flashed back to the yellow post it note in class.
"Oh yeah! You wrote that?" I was feeling quite shy all of a sudden. A small blush made its way to my cheeks.

He laughed at my reaction.
My friends all stopped talking to hear our conversation eagerly.

"Umm... thanks for the compliment? Oh and thanks again. For Friday night. Don't know what'll happen if I was alone."

"No problem. Just happened to be wandering around."

He took a seat to the bench behind me.
God. Even the way he sat made him look so cool.

" Do you always wander around at 1am?" I teased.

"I could'nt sleep. Besides, glad I did. Talking to you was... nice. Very nice." He smiled, showing his perfect set of pearly whites.

I laughed, feeling shy yet ecstatic that maybe...Leo might like me?

My thoughts were immediately interrupted by Quinn's loud voice.

"Wait wait! Hold up. Liz, you met up with Leo at 1 a.m? Leo?" She gasped in shock.

My eyes widened as I tried to clamp my hands over her loud mouth before she uttered another word to the entire school.

"Holy crap Quinn! I'll tell you later. I promise." I hissed in her ear, making her nod eagerly. I rolled my eyes before diverting my attention back to Leo.

"Sorry" I gave an embarrassed smile as I glared at Quinn again.
"So umm... I was wondering... if I could uhh have your number?"  He asked, looking a little shy.

"Uhh yeah! Sure, why not?" I laughed nervously as I typed in my contact number and name into his phone.

His face brightened up the moment he received it and shot me a wink before he left, leaving me flustered and shy and all my friends eager for answers.

_____________________________________

"What?! That is so weird!" Quinn squealed as I told her what happened.
"Anyways, that's nothing compared to what I did to Sean yesterday but meh who cares? And also, I gotta go home!"

I laughed before running away from Quinn. I loved keeping her on the edge.

"Grandma! I'm home!" I exclaimed as I rushed into the Pizzeria.
"Stop running like a mad woman and come help me!" She hollered from the kitchen.
I entered the kitchen, where Grandma was busy cooking the spaghetti on the stove.

" Pass me the pepper Dear." She said, still focused on the food she was cooking. "I'm trying out this new recipe!"

I handed her the Pepper quickly, eager to head back to my room to unwind for awhile.
My phone buzzed in my hand and I checked it, only to see a message from an unknown number.

Unknown: Hey! It's Leo :))) free to talk?
A smile crept on my face.
He was fast.
Yeah sure!
"Bye Grandma! I'm heading upstairs. I have loads of homework!"
"Sean's already up there. Maybe he can help you with your work." Her voice drowned out as I ran up the stairs.
Pfft. Sean couldn't do calculus to save his life.
Leo: Eager are we?
I laughed at the text.
Haha says the one who texted first :)

We talked about small random things while I walked up the stairs, eyes glued to the screen, laughing lightly at his jokes.
Just as I was going to reply him, I felt my phone grabbed out of my hand.
I whipped my head up in shock, ready to attack the person who took it.
My eyes met with Sean's, narrowing at him.
"Who are you talking to? You're giggling like a lovestruck schoolgirl." He eagerly looked through the text.

"Give me back the damn phone Sean!" I yelled as I reached for the phone.
Not this again....
I watched his eyes scan through the messages and I immediately felt embarrassed down to my toes.

It was his turn to narrow his eyes at me.
"Leo? Why are you talking to Leo?"
"Why not?"
"Because... uhh... he's an ass?"
"You have to try harder than that, Sean!" I deadpanned.
Everyone knows what a sweetheart Leo is, even Sean himself.
"Yeah? Well I don't like him!"
"I don't give a rats ass!" I said as I shot up and tried to grasp my phone.
"You should!" He argued like a child.
"Why do you even care?" I yelled, slightly exasperated with how childish he is being.
"Because I don't like him! And I don't like you talking to him!" He crossed his arm in a childish manner.
Why the fuck was he so persistent?!

Then a thought hit me. A certain thought that somehow made my insides flutter with excitement.

"Sean... are you... jealous?" I asked, not in a teasing manner but actually genuinely curious.

I watched his eyes widen slightly as he stunned there for a moment before he snapped out of his shock.

"No?! No! Liz!" He looked so appalled.
I rolled my eyes as all anticipation left me and was replaced with slight hurt and frustration

"Then you wouldn't mind if I continue talking to Leo?"
"Go ahead! Why would I care?"
I felt my frustration and anger increase.
"Fine! And you wouldn't care if I went out on a date with Leo?"
He slightly cringed.
"Why would I bother?" He squeezed out a reply, face turning slightly red.
I wanted to slap him for some unknown reason.
"Okay then! I'll ask him out right now!"
"Go ahead!"
"I'm asking!"
" Be my guest!"
"I will!"
I snatched back my phone with my lightning fast reflexes and started typing furiously fast on it, determined to ask Leo out on a date.

"As if I give a shit what you think...." I mumbled to myself.
"Add a heart emoji while you're at it!"
Sean added to spark my anger.
"Oh I will give him all the fucking heart emojis in the world!" I glared at Sean, hearing him huff in annoyance and before I know it, I had sent the text to Leo in the midst of frustration.

💕💕💕💕
Sorry for taking so long to update :(((
But two chapters yay!
Thank you guys for 1K reads! I never thought that this would actually have reads haha!
💕💕💕💕