Chapter 16

Liz POV
After the door closed, Sean made his way towards me, sitting beside me on the bed.
"So... last night eh?" Sean said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I groaned in frustration, rolling my eyes before a small smile made its way on my lips.
He burst out laughing at my reaction, causing me to start laughing along too.

He does have quite a contagious laughter...

"So... nice apartment you have here." I said once our laughter died down.
"Yeah, takes a lot of energy to keep it this neat...You know Liz, you're... you're actually not bad to hang around with." he said, a genuine smile spreading over his face.

I felt a smile form on my face soon after he said that.
"You're not so bad yourself Sean Henderson." I bumped my shoulder with his in a friendly manner.

It was only then did I realise that we were sitting so close to each other. Close enough that our hands on the bed might just brush at the fingertips if we were to inch just abit closer.

Sean probably noticed that too as we both started awkwardly shuffling away from each other, putting some distance between us.
As much as I want to deny it, I kinda wanted to close up that inch.

Stop it Liz.

A knock on the door jolted me out of my thoughts.

"Who is it?" Sean called out, curiosity etched on his face.

I heard a gruff deep voice answer
"Its me, Mr Brown."

I watched as Sean stood up and head over to the door, opening it to reveal a stout, plump man in his late fifties.

"Hey Sean. Just wanted to remind you. Termite people coming soon, better start packing boy."  He said in a gruff voice.
Similar to that of a billy goat, if billy goats could speak...

"Shit." Sean rubbed his face and groaned in frustration. " I totally forgot. Fuck." He cursed.

"Why whats wrong?" I asked, unsure of what was happening. Mr Brown looked towards my direction.  "Who's you're pretty friend?" Mr Brown, whom I kinda deduced to be the landlord, asked.

Before I could introduce myself,
Sean cut in "She's not pretty."
I scoffed and rolled my eyes at his childishness.

"I'm Liz. Liz Summers. And I'm not his friend. Pleased to meet you." I smiled innocently and shook his hand, glancing at Sean with a triumphant look.

The landlord chuckled before heading out, not before saying,

" Boy! Remember! Pack up!" Before shutting the door closed.

Sean groaned.
"Why? What happened?" I asked eagerly, filled with curiosity.

"A stupid termite infestation..." he mumbled in annoyance.
" and now I have to move out by today afternoon. Where am I even going to find a place for two weeks?"

"Can't you ask your friends?" I asked, eyebrows raised.
"They live too far from the pizzeria and besides, pretty sure their parents don't like the guy who's been fucking their daughters living under the same roof." He let out a small laugh at the end.

Shit. What if he remembers that I have a guest room?

better make sure he doesn't think about it.

But before my brain could process the words about to spill out my mouth...
They spilled out of my mouth.

"Yah... haha... Poor you! I mean like there's definitely no pizzerias with guest rooms right?"  I laughed awkwardly before realising what I just said.  I gasped as my hands flew to my mouth.

I watched his eyes light up with glee once he processed my words. "Nonono! Don't even think about it! I know you're thinking about it. Don't." I begged, eager for him to erase that idea from his mind.

"It's a perfect idea. I could rent out your room for a week or two! I'm sure your grandma won't mind!"
He paid no heed to my pleas.
Before I could stop him, he whipped out his phone and called the Pizzeria.

"No! Sean! Don't please!" I asked desperately, my hands reaching frantically for his phone.

I really don't wanna live with him for another day.

"Hello?" He said with a smirk on his face as he used his free hand to try to stop me from getting his phone.

"Argh!! Sean!" I growled in annoyance as I used more force, trying to get that damn phone out of his hand.

"Hey Grandma! It's Sean."
"Grandma! Hang up!" I yelled at the top of my voice.
Before I could react, I watched his free hand go past my shoulders and wrapped around my mouth, pulling me towards his chest.
There I was, head resting on him, his free hand over my mouth to stop me from yelling.
My eyes widened in shock, before I thrashed wildly in his arms, desperate to put some distance between us.

"Liz's just being weird again. Haha!"
I could hear grandma chuckling over the phone.
Great. They're bonding now.

"Well... its actually a really big favour but the place I'm staying at kinda has this termite infestation- "

"MmmmmHhmmmmm!!" I tried shouting, but to no avail. My voice was being muffled by Sean's hands. My hands tried to pry his hand off my mouth.

"And... and I was wondering if you could rent that guest room to me for a week or two"

I managed to move his hand away for a moment and shouted " Grandma! no! He's a horrid person! Don't!" Before I could stop him, his hand went back over my mouth.

"Thanks Grandma! Sorry to be a bother!" He chuckled, clearly enjoying the conversation while I was struggling in his arms.

As he was about to hang up the phone, I took this opportunity to reach for the phone, hopefully to talk some sense into Grandma before it's too late.
However, unfortunately for me, my sudden action merely made me push him onto the bed, making me land on him.

My eyes widened once more, noticing how our faces were dangerously close to each other's.

We stared into each other's eyes, a mixture of shock and embarrassment written on our faces. I was so lost in his blue eyes that for once, I didn't blush.

I didn't dare to move in that moment, for fear that if I did, I would have met his lips with mine.

That thought pulled me back into reality as I quickly pushed myself off of him. My eyes darted everywhere but him.

Dammit. Why those thoughts?
Do... do I have a crush on Sean?!
Crap.

💕💕HELLO!! Thanks for every single vote and comment! It always brightens up my day to read your comments❣️ :))) 💕💕