Chapter 6

It seems as if every time I went to school, I would end up thinking of ways to murder Sean Henderson. I growled as I stared at pictures of my sleeping face all over the school's notice board. A hoard of students behind me, snapping pictures of my sleeping figure. I grit my teeth in frustration as I snatched the flyers from the notice board, crumpling them all up in a ball.

Sean Henderson, you are one dead man.
I started storming away, trying to find that butthole of a person.

When I finally found him, he was hanging out on the school's bleachers. He was there, sitting with some random cheerleader, tongues down each others throats like a hormonal animals, with his group of friends behind him chatting away. I stormed up towards him and without warning, threw the paper ball at him. It landed smack dab on his face.
That caught his attention.

"Hey!"
He yelled at me, breaking the kiss immediately.

"You, my friend, are a giant pain in my ass! You're like that fly that refuses to go away! Just keeps buzzing and buzzing" I went on a mini rant , vexed and frustrated beyond words, throwing another paper ball at him. I could tell my face was already red from all the screaming.
"Must you be an asshole all the time?!"

His group of friends and the people at the track were now watching our little commotion.

" Well, must you be an asshole all the time?" He retorted.

I scoffed, refusing to believe my ears. The only reason we became enemies was because he kissed me out of nowhere!

The only reason I had to deal with him was because of that stupid kiss!

I charged at him, trying to knee him where the sun doesn't shine, making a mental note to make sure it really hurts this time. He was quicker though, as he ducked to one side. I growled in annoyance as I tackled him onto the ground, punching his chest with every word I said.

"You." Punch "stole." punch "my." punch "first" punch "kiss!"

Before my fist could connect with his chest for the final punch, a voice called out, stopping my hand mid-air.
" What is going on?"

The entire field turned towards the principal, Mrs Casher. Her spectacles laid on top of her nose, her eyes squinting with disapproval. Her arms crossed, waiting for our replies.
We froze in that awkward position, a compromising one in fact, looking up at our principal like criminals caught in the act.

I immediately scrambled off of him and stood up straight, dusting myself off. I glared at Sean Henderson, watching as he stood up at the same time, glaring at me as well with smoke coming out from his ears.

"Well?" She said impatiently, tapping her foot impatiently.

"I uhh... " I started to glance around nervously, trying to find some excuse as to why I was punching a fellow schoolmate. Before I could tell her that we were playing tag( a stupid excuse, may I add), a confident, deep voice spoke out

" Oh, they were simply rehearsing for a school project."
Both Sean and I snapped out heads towards the person who spoke up, to see Leo, one of the star players on the school's football team and also, one of the sweetest guys in school if I may add. Charming as he may be, he was not a player, unlike *cough* Sean *cough*. He was actually someone decent.

"School project?" Mrs Casher's voice sounded skeptical, unwilling to believe.
"Yeah... you see we were uhh practicing this fight scene where uhh... a girl punches a guy. It's to present feminism." I lied through my teeth, trying to make it sound as plausible as possible. I threw in a smile to seal the lie. Truth be told, I was a horrible liar.

"Interesting. However, you two would still have to stay for detention for today for causing such a ruckus. Next time, practise your scenes somewhere else." Her high heels clicked as she walked away from us, her pointy nose in the air.

I muttered a long string of insults after she left, mostly about making Sean Henderson into a lump of battered meat. With a final glare at Sean, I swivelled around to walk away, only to bump into Leo. He steadied me and shot me a smile that could make any girl's knees go weak.

"You okay?" He asked with concern.

"Besides having to deal with Sean Henderson? Fine I guess." I replied, quite surprised that Leo was talking to me.

"You started becoming hysterical first."
Sean shot back, eavesdropping on our conversation.

"Hey. You stole her first kiss. She's allowed to go bonkers on you." Leo defended me, his eyes looking into mine with a grin on his face.
A small smile formed on my face.

I could practically heard Sean roll his eyes as he grumbled under his breath, stomping away.

"See you around, Liz" Leo said before walking away as well.

I smiled as I walked in the opposite direction, heading for class.